What's on your bucket list?

I visited a woodworking show recently and one guy had a couple of pieces that are reproductions from US Presidents. re young (2).JPGre young (3).JPG This one is from Andrew Jackson, and he got the walnut from the Hermitage which is Jackson's home. He also had a stand up writing desk from Thomas Jefferson. I know Norm made a candle stand that was from Washington.

It got me thinking about how cool it would be to make a piece from each of the Presidents.

It'll never happen, but man it would be fun.

What do you guys have on your bucket list?

Sleigh bed, blotchy cherry box need I say more:rolleyes: Those are some nice pieces John, so never happen??? give them a try, ya might be surprised:) and as for me, still working on what that could be:)

I'm with Ken on the guitar thing. I'd probably start with an electric or two first, but an acoustic would sure be a fun challenge.

Chairs. I've been planning to make a large trestle table to replace our current dining room table but because I've never made a chair before I'm pretty nervous about making 8-10 of them.

i would like to make a piece that qualified for fine woodworking magazine.. ...
I hope you succeed, Larry. The only thing I'll say about them is that I don't understand their criteria. I've submitted a couple of items that got top honors at woodworking shows and they wrote back saying they wouldn't consider them. Then, in an issue a couple of years ago, they published photos of two keepsake boxes a guy made - boxes made from plans published in Wood Magazine - and raved about them! The photos looked very much like the ones published in the Wood article! I let my subscription expire after that.

As to MY bucket list? The first thing is to finish our credenza without losing any more hair! :)

I hope you succeed, Larry. The only thing I'll say about them is that I don't understand their criteria. I've submitted a couple of items that got top honors at woodworking shows and they wrote back saying they wouldn't consider them. Then, in an issue a couple of years ago, they published photos of two keepsake boxes a guy made - boxes made from plans published in Wood Magazine - and raved about them! The photos looked very much like the ones published in the Wood article! I let my subscription expire after that.

As to MY bucket list? The first thing is to finish our credenza without losing any more hair! :)

well maybe i need to change my goals then bill:) i didnt think politics found its way to there area .. perhaps it has.. maybe just be able to do this for another 20 yrs is a better goal:)