Let's Play a Game

Sharon is the only one who got it right. ;) I dropped out partway through my sophomore year of high school, then started back (at a different school) the next fall. I did high school on the 5-year plan. College was a bust for me. I had one semester of Engineering and one of Music. I did well in the engineering classes, but was essentially mathematically illiterate, so my Algebra 101 professor suggested I drop the class before he had to flunk me. So the next semester, I switched my major to Music. In the Music department, I made great grades, but due to an administrative foul-up, the grades didn't get credited to me. I also flunked my Applied Music course (guitar) because I didn't attend 10 student recitals during the semester. By then, I had a job teaching guitar, so I decided more college wasn't going to help me get a teaching job.

Oh yeah, the Engineering 101 final? Our final grade was based on a project where we formed teams and came up with an invention. We were to research it, prototype it, and present it to potential buyers with a report. I got an A+++ from the prof. He told me it was the best final project report he'd ever seen. While other kids were handing in stapled-together notebook paper and longhand writing, I submitted a polished, typewritten report with a Mylar cover in a comb binder. The invention was for a modular guitar effects system, and although the prototype didn't fully work, it looked good. About 4 or 5 years later, similar modular systems were available on the market. :rolleyes:

OK, I'll take a shot:

1. I started college before I was 17.
2. I performed as a country western singer in the 70s.
3. I had a part time job training rats.

another vote on number 2,, he is way to smart to not be able ot have started college early and the rat teaching was probally a college independant study course..thats how he does so well with us "others":)

I have been a traveller and got the stripes to show for it :)

Ok here goes for my version lets up the complexity a bit andadd in some interesting history andtourist spots ….

I have done a fair bit of travelling in my time and visitingmany historical sites.

Palaces and StateBuildings
Buckingham palace, Palace of Versailles, Emperors SummerPalace, Christiansborg Palace, White House, Canadian Parliament Buildings, Reichstag.

High rise Towers andBuilding
BrixtonTower, TokyoTower, CN Tower, Le Tour de Eiffel, TheTower of London, PetronasTowers, SearsTower (now called Willis Tower), EmpireStateBuilding, Leaning tower of Pisa.

Religious Sites
The Vatican, Monasterio de Montserrat, Wawel Cathedral, Drepung Monastry, Dresden Frauenkirche, Sagrada Familia.

And many more but this lot will do for this purpose....:)

So in each category there is one that I have not been to. Now tease your brain.

But at the same time click on all the links and take a tour and see some of whats out there in the world to be enjoyed. I used wikipedia where the real sites are well questionable.

Enjoy;)
:D:thumb:

I guess I'm not a very good liar. :)

The rat job was awful. It was work-study in college, and paid $2 an hour, which I absolutely needed to get by. I had to give the rats an electrical shock in their brains to "reward" them when they got near or pressed the bar in a "Skinner Box".

http://psyresources.wikispaces.com/file/view/Skinner_Box_2.jpg/180878999/Skinner_Box_2.jpg

Sometimes the electrodes were not in a pleasure center, and caused pain. I wouldn't do it today, but I was young and naive. When I was a kid, the NYC school system had a fast track option where one could do 7th, 8th & 9th grade in 2 years. That and being born in December, just before the age deadline left me always the youngest male [smallest, most immature...] in my classes. Not a position I'd envy or recommend.

i want to go for number one as the lie but i think that your spirited enough to do it so i will go for the soap eating,, even if you had been under the influnce you dont get soap down without gagging.. even if your parents make you take it like mine did..:)

That's a lot of places, Rob, even if you didn't get to three of them.

Since there's two many to pick from, I'm going with:
- Buckingham Palace
- Tower of London
- Wawel Cathedral

(only taking a stab that maybe you never got to Britian...and the last one picked out of the air)

Larry and Sharon, you're both WRONG. I did accidentally eat some dishwasher detergent and had to call poison control for MYSELF. "How old are you?" they asked. "Thirty," I said.

#3 is a lie. I've never been certified to dive, although I've considered doing it.....:rofl:

and I did used to sit for an art class--with my clothes ON thank you very much!

Last edited:
I'll take a stab,

I quit high school in the 11th grade but went to get my associates degree in my 30's

I made toilets for a living for 3 years.

I accidentally ate a whole box of doggy treats that looked like Hershey kisses.

Wrong :) They filmed the movie at Ft. Irwin where I worked and used several base folks as extras. Every time I watch it I crack up at all the folks I knew. Got to meet Don Johnson, Maggie Smith and Jason Robarbs. Maybe a little known fact, but the original name of it was going to be "Rover Blood"

Sharon,
When were you in Ft Irwin?... don't remember when the movie came out.... I was there on a visit to my nephew in '91...he was in the motor pool... my mother and I were on our way to Menlo Park to my daughter's wedding in Oct '91 and spent the night with nephew and his wife.... my step son was stationed there at the same time... he was part of the group that trained the Desert Storm soldiers.. didn't know him then, but was talking on the phone with his mother... hadn't actually met her yet, just talked on the phone.

Sharon,
When were you in Ft Irwin?... don't remember when the movie came out.... I was there on a visit to my nephew in '91...he was in the motor pool... my mother and I were on our way to Menlo Park to my daughter's wedding in Oct '91 and spent the night with nephew and his wife.... my step son was stationed there at the same time... he was part of the group that trained the Desert Storm soldiers.. didn't know him then, but was talking on the phone with his mother... hadn't actually met her yet, just talked on the phone.

I was there from 72-74, then the summer of 75. Started off as a summer job with the Federal govt out of HS. Then it turned state National Guard at the end of summer and they asked me to go full time. It delayed my starting college for two years, but the best thing that ever happened (not to mention I had saved money to actually go to college without getting a loan). I would have probably been a PE teacher student straight out of school (wouldn't know that by looking at me now :rofl::rofl:), but the extra time to mature and my older brother embarking to an Engineering degree, pushed me in that direction.

The movie came out in 75. It was a hoot to watch them shoot the scenes both outside and inside a bunch of the empty buildings.