I just dont understand women

allen levine

Its my 33rd anniversary tomorrow, so I wanted to make or get my wife something nice.
Ive been busy messing around with the finish room, making it into a room for my wife to read, or watch tv, so I never got a chance to build her another piece for the room.
But I ran up to the Bronx today, and picked up a bunch of cherry, let it sit in my garage for a few weeks, then get started on a couple of projects for her.
When she came home for lunch, I said, hey, happy anniversary! Look what I bought you!
She held out her wallet, and said, you bought me this Michael Kors wallet yesterday,(I know I didnt buy her anything yesterday,happy anniversary to me) and walked into the house, didnt even look at the lumber.
I just dont understand women.

Attachments

• cabinet 113 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 113 (Medium).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
You are kidding us aren't you?

It's impossible to understand woman! And I for one am not going to waste good shop time trying to. I'm just going to go with the flow and enjoy the ride!

Well first of all that's nice wood. Second, you didn't get to 33 years by doing the wrong things. So congratulations and best wishes to you and LOYL.

Its my 33rd anniversary tomorrow, so I wanted to make or get my wife something nice.

But I ran up to the Bronx today, and picked up a bunch of cherry, let it sit in my garage for a few weeks, then get started on a couple of projects for her.
When she came home for lunch, I said, hey, happy anniversary! Look what I bought you!
She held out her wallet, and said, you bought me this Michael Kors wallet yesterday,(I know I didnt buy her anything yesterday,happy anniversary to me) and walked into the house, didnt even look at the lumber.
I just dont understand women.

However, I think she understands men!

Enjoy,

JimB

speaking about lumber, Im beginning to get very discouraged with lumber dealers.
I picked my lumber, then its left for them to move downstairs and count up, then they hand you a slip and you pay in office.The boards are dropped through a chute and bounce off a rubber pad on the loading dock(first floor), where its counted and then laid out on a loading dock. When I went to pay, I thought there was a slight discrepency in price, but Im guess 5.4 bf is rounded out to 6,
But when I walked half block to get my truck, to load, I noticed another jeep loading a few pieces, and I couldnt back in.
My lumber was just thrown all over the floor in the same bay and I have a feeling the creep took a plank of my lumber, cause I saw a long board hanging out of his jeep. He pulled out quick, noone was watching him. Not sure why they put different orders in same loading dock. So I seem to be 4-5 bf short. Not sure if it was the off count, or that guy helped himself to one. Ill mention it next time I go up there.

Happy Anniversary to you and the Missus Allen! and, yeah...My wife and I have been together for 30 years now. been through pretty much everything together..... still dont understand her....................... try as I might........ Just when I think I do, the rules change.....

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Levine wish you well and many more happy years together. As to trying to understand the opposite sex i dont even dare try :).
Dont like the way your lumber yard handled your lumber, wood like that aint construction lumber. What happened to you would make me pretty mad. Say something to them sooner rather than later. If they dont make it right you then got time to find a new supplier. This way you get it out your mind quickly rather than it hanging about till you go back there.
You aint no schlepper like the other guy that may have hot footed it out of there with one of your boards. They should recognise that if not i say move on to a new supplier.

Happy Anniversary,

Women don't understand women. how are we supposed to. we just muddle through somehow & hope to get as little slaps as possible because were "MEN" :rofl::rofl:

Happy Anniversary! 33 years warrants some congratulations and demonstrates a dedication to each other. That's cool in this day and age.

Happy 33rd Anniversary! I'll add to my previous post that the only thing I understand about my woman in particular is that I have to hie the tool catalog from her.

I got out there early today, and managed to glue up 6 of the 10 panels I need for the closet doors.
I was about to go back out there after lunch and start cutting up more maple for the rest of the doors, but I thought my wife needed a break from her studying(she has a big test tomorrow, shes very nervous).
I also figured would be nice to spend some time together since it is our anniversary, so I suprised her and took her over to the Racino, cause she loves those penny eating slot machines.
We made dinner plans, but I ran out of energy, and that was that.
Bought a roasted chicken from the market and that was our anniversary dinner.
I gotta get my engines going and get into overdrive as I want to get those doors finished over the next 2 weeks so I can start making the desk chair.