New Nevada shop

You're making nice progress, Carol. I would have spent a week just figuring out where to put the lights. :doh: Looks like it'll be a nice playroom when you get it all set up.

Productive day. Decided to install another 2x4 power pole and group tools around it. First, had to move a few things. Shop crane is indispensible.

Getting a boost.jpg

Then a 2x4 up the back spine of the band saw.

Second power pole.jpg

Then I moved in the drill press and its tool box.

Island 1.jpg

Here is the walk around.

Island 2.jpg

Island 3.jpg

And on the 'back' side of the power pole is the jointer.

Island 4.jpg

This group is at the head of a line which will include a bench and the spindle sander. More later. Time to go to work as the preacher lady.

Looking good Carol.

The way you're grouping your power tools around a "power pole" seems to be a great idea. You can't use two at the same time so no worries about blowing a circuit breaker. Looks like you'll have plenty of lighting. I don't think I could ever have too much lighting.

Real good to see how you do it Carol. The mobile aspect is taking on more meaning to me every day.
Power pole is a really good idea.
Btw you seem to have an affinity for yella.:)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

As you might suspect, it is hard for me to find time to get out to the shop this time of the year, but today I snuck in a few hours. Here is what happened. Enjoy the yucks. Bet it has happened to you, too.

One of the frustrations of putting a shop back together is finding hardware. You know, screws, bolts, nuts, washers, and 'stuff.' When I moved from California, I gave that stuff away. It was a very expensive decision. This time I loaded it up to take with me. Here is one trunk full, half unloaded and laying around everywhere:

Trunk of hardware.jpg

A while back, Harbor Freight had these nifty bins on sale for $10 for 20 bins. I bought 6 cases - 120 bins. I'm set. Cool.

Bins.jpg

Now the wall I want to mount these on have a couple of stacks of moving blankets cuttering things up.

Blankets.jpg

I'll have to make a shelf. I need to rip some material. Guess I'll need to get the saw operational. I got power to it a couple of weeks ago. I'll just have to add the outfeed table. Oops. Have to find the angle iron for the back of the saw. Well, that only took about a half hour. Did find whole bunch of other stuff that I've been wondering where it was hiding. I did have to install the right extension first, though.

Saw table extension.jpg

Saw extension right.jpg

And then the outfeed. Here I got so buzy, I failed to take pictures. I was bogged down in finding hardware to attach things. Isn't this where I entered this scenario? But to preservere. Finally.

Saw extensions complete.jpg

Now, where is the fence? And the splitter, and the wrenches? Maybe a blade would be good, too.

Ahh, shoot. My feet are freezing and my fingers are numb. I thnk I earned a couple of fingers of Woodford Reserve tonight.

Last edited:
LOL. Don't I know about starting one thing and ending up doing sixteen others in the process. I look at my shop right now and think it'll take me a day just to straighten up. Of course thats if I can stay concentrated on cleaning and straightening.

You're making good progress though. :thumb:

Carol,
A tip for using those plastic bins: I use one of those wire shelves like they sell as 'closet organizers.' Turn it sideways and screw it to the wall so that the wires are horizontal. The lip on the back of the bins fits perfectly over the wires, and you have a 'rack' that lets you adjust the bin spacing in about 3/4" increments. I found my wire shelving at a garage sale for fifty cents each for two four foot sections.

Try to find the shelving that doesn't have the lip on the front.

Thanks, guys.

I substituted the Woodford Reserve with hot chocolate. I was really cold when I went into the house. Even really good bourbon over ice wasn't appealing under the circumstances. When I am finished I will give you all a shop tour and, yes, you will see the converted radial arm saw for auto-dadoes. It's buried right now. And no, the shop is not heated, nor insulated. I need to plug some holes all over the place. Remember, this is a rental, so I will just have to live with it. And no, the weather is not cooperating. It is getting down to the mid 20's at night.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am going to try to give it another go later today, if I can squeeze out a little time. Working on the Christmas Eve program with kids and parents.

Carol, the space is really coming together! A little woodford reserve in the hot chocolat wouldn't have tasted to bad btw...;)

Too funny, Jeff.

I was introduced to Woodford Reserve poured over drug store chocolate ice cream. It made it taste like the most premium chocolate I ever tasted. I had forgotten that. Next time! I promise.

So thanks for the thought!