Thread: Wisemen Ornaments

Wisemen Ornaments

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0010 (Medium) (Small).JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	63165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0011 (Medium) (Small).JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	63164New Pattern I've cut here from Steve Good's web-site - these are unfinished as of yet - cut from 1/8" BB Plywood - stack cut four of these at a time - - - going to put these in my inventory for build for 2012 --- I will finish these when I get enough to do at one time ...............MB
    Usually Busier than a Cat In A sand Box : Arkansas Red Wolf & Razorbacks Fan

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Nicely done, I need to get a new printer and make a visit to Steve's site

Those are really great Marshall! I'm enjoying seeing all of your scroll projects. My dad used to do a bunch of scrolling, will have to show him some of your posts when he comes back for the holidays.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

On Thanksgiving Glenn got me to do a scroll saw angel and straight trumpet. I'm not going to enter it in any ww contests. However, it is good enough that I will hang it on the tree. Glenn did four of them with no uneven lines in less time than I did one.

I hope one gets better at scrolling with practice or I am going to become a devoted non-scrollee.

Enjoy,

JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Jim I've been scrolling for over 14 years now , and I can tell you that that's the key to becoming a good scroller is PRACTICE ................MB

wow, detailed carving and cutting... nice!

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Marshall, beautiful. How do you sand something cut with the scroll saw when it's so detailed like that?
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia White View Post
    Marshall, beautiful. How do you sand something cut with the scroll saw when it's so detailed like that?
    Cynthia : I have an old Craftsman 16 scrollsaw that all it's used for is detailed sanding - for this scrollsaw 's jaws are more or less wore out as far as holding a scrollsaw blade . I cut a piece of sand paper 5 inches long by 1/2" wide and fold it in half and put it in the old scrollsaw and adjust the tension at it's least setting and the speed at it's lowest setting and when I need to sand any I just thread it threw the place I need to sand - but now you have to take you time and not get in any rush .I just take my time and it'll sand any fuzzes and any other place to where I want them sanded ...........it really has worked good for me .............MB