Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The New Guy...Again.

The New Guy...Again.

For the first time in over two decades, I'm the new guy at the office. Today is the first day at my new job.

I spent Friday and Saturday driving myself and my dog Sasha to Albuquerque, and most of Sunday getting established in my new digs (a borrowed condo) .

So far all I've done is some employment paperwork, and I'm just waiting now for the HR folks to process things. Later today I suspect I'll get my work space set up, but for now they have nothing for me to do but wait. So I'm killing time on my phone getting caught up around the forum.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

At least you're at work!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Yeah, it's probably some sick HR person's test to see what you do in your spare time!!!
    Wondered why I was seeing you here now. Shasha having any issues with being separated from the other dogs?
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

You are missing all the high Santa Ana winds out here in Los Angeles.

Good luck at your new workplace. I am sure you will do very well.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

I expect it's kind of a bummer to have to move for a job. It has crossed my mind to do the same but I feel I have too many ties to the community I live in. Does this mean you will have little or no access to your woodworking? Is the condo a temporary home or just a place to crash during the week? How will you manage without regular immersions in the vortex?
    I'm a certifiable tree hugger. (it's a poor mans way of determining DBH before cutting the tree down)

Good to hear that you are getting settled. I'm happy for you and the new job but so sorry that you will be separated from home for so long.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Well hang in there Vaughn. It'll get better. At least we can try to keep you amused.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Have fun with the new job and don't let them give you any crap about your hair cut.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Great, the long haired new guy is already sitting around surfing on his phone all day...

Sounds like my first week or so at my job, no computer, no software...sit and keep yourself busy.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

they hired him sight unseen and now they are wondering what were they thinking and how are we gonna explain this to the big boss..just wait till the ladies find out he was rock start once
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!