The New Guy...Again.

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
For the first time in over two decades, I'm the new guy at the office. Today is the first day at my new job.

I spent Friday and Saturday driving myself and my dog Sasha to Albuquerque, and most of Sunday getting established in my new digs (a borrowed condo) .

So far all I've done is some employment paperwork, and I'm just waiting now for the HR folks to process things. Later today I suspect I'll get my work space set up, but for now they have nothing for me to do but wait. So I'm killing time on my phone getting caught up around the forum. ;)

Yeah, it's probably some sick HR person's test to see what you do in your spare time!!!
Wondered why I was seeing you here now. Shasha having any issues with being separated from the other dogs?

I expect it's kind of a bummer to have to move for a job. It has crossed my mind to do the same but I feel I have too many ties to the community I live in. Does this mean you will have little or no access to your woodworking? Is the condo a temporary home or just a place to crash during the week? How will you manage without regular immersions in the vortex?

Great, the long haired new guy is already sitting around surfing on his phone all day...

Sounds like my first week or so at my job, no computer, no software...sit and keep yourself busy.

they hired him sight unseen and now they are wondering what were they thinking:) and how are we gonna explain this to the big boss..just wait till the ladies find out he was rock start once:)

Make sure you have some nice small bowls on your desk with lots of candy. I used to do that, and whenever anyone admired the bowl I would give it to them. I made a lot of friends that way.

Vaughn will always be a Rock Star. :thumb::thumb: At least he doesn't have to call anyone to hang picture in his condo :rofl::rofl::rofl:

attachment.php

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• stephen-colbert-spit-take.jpg
    stephen-colbert-spit-take.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 77
Good luck Vaughn. Hey why did you take one of the puppies? is it to keep you warm at night? :rofl: LOML & I have two of them on our bed & it gets challenging with them trying to spread out & hog all the bed. :rofl:

Good luck there Vaughn. Best wishes for it to work out so you can telecommute asap. Feel sad for you and your missus.
Abscence makes the heart grow fonder:)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk