Best oil to use with the Beall Wood Buff System

I thought the Beall system was a couple abrasives followed by a hard wax that was the final finish. The first and second abrasives can be used on some wood without finish, or can be used to polish a film finish. I never tried it with an oil finish.

The 3-wheel buffing (whetheer it's from Beall or another vendor) approach works fine on the tung and linseed oil finishes I've used. The key thing is making sure the finish is cured before buffing. I've also used it on pretty much every film finish I've used. Wipe-on varnishes (like Formby's Tung Oil Finish, Minwax Antique Oil, or any of the wipe-on poly finishes) as well as sprayed lacquer and shellac all buff out nicely. If you're using a dark, porous wood (like walnut), I'd suggest skipping the white diamond buff. Otherwise, the poeres if the wood will get filled with polishing compound and you'll go nuts trying to get rid of all the little white specks on the piece. Similarly, I'd skip the tripoli on porous light-colored woods like ash.

Another buffing method I really like is a 2-wheel approach, starting with Don Pencil's PL compound followed by Renaissance wax applied by hand and buffed out with a clean soft wheel. I use this combination on nearly everything these days. Also, for the times I do use tripoli and white diamond, I still use Renaissance wax instead of carnauba. I really don't like carnauba wax. It picks up water spots and fingerprints in the blink of an eye.