Good thoughts needed for Mark Kosmowski

Ned Bulken

Folks,
just read on facebook that Mark was involved in a head on crash last night near his work. He was at the local hospital, then transferred to Albany Medical to a level 1 Trauma unit. His wife Liz (and I) are asking for prayers for a complete recovery. Don't know the details on what happened, yet, only that he is in the hospital for further evaluations.

Done.

This is very sad news. Had been recently thinking of Mark as I used some of the maple he gave me during my trip in 2009 for the drawers in those walnut tables I recently finished. Please convey my concern when you can.

latest update, He is at Albany Med (as before) they transferred him there as a precaution, other than Liz being en route to be with him not much else to report.

The accident was on a side street, so 'bad enough', but could have been worse at highway speeds. Liz said that just yesterday they'd decided to trade in their Toyota Echo on something larger/safer... I think he could have skipped this step in that process, don't you?

here's the text from fb:

Mark update: he's been transferred to Albany Med. They want him seen by a level one trauma unit. Upstate [Syracuse's level 1 trauma center] is apparently out of beds, so Albany is closest. They say it's just a precaution, but I am nervous. Good thoughts and prayers please.

and the earlier report:

At St E's in Utica. Mark was in a bad head on collision near MVCC tonight. He seems to be ok, but he hit the steering wheel pretty hard with his chest, so they're doing a ton of tests to be sure. The Toyota is totalled. Oddly, we just decided this morning that we were going to trade it in on something bigger and safer and newer. Mark thinks the universe is telling us something...​

Last edited:
Wow!! Prayers and lots of Red Hot Setter Zen coming Mark and Liz's way. Good to know the transfer to the level 1 trauma is precautionary. Best to make sure there are no problems than take a risk. Keep the updates coming Ned! Jim.