In a round-about way

Ken fantastic. That specific motor is a real toughy.
I have had one that i brought with me from SA. It gets loads of use and has been strong enough to rotate a heavy turkey each thansgiving for years and doing it for several hours at a time.
They available all over the show and ebay and run forever on two D size torch batteries. Never tried mine on an adaptor like you have.
Kudus to you on the great idea.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Maybe you could get it up to 33 and 1/3 rpm.

Now I am laughing because the younger people won't have a clue why a platter turning at 33.3333 rpm is interesting or what it would be used for.

Enjoy,

JimB

:rofl: I can't remember if it was from someone here, or elsewhere, but I recall a story of someone pulling out an album, and their daughter made a comment along the lines of... 'Wow, that's the biggest CD I've ever seen' :rofl:...and on a related note, my wife had bought her Mom a stereo system a couple of decades ago. Two weeks or so ago, her mother brought it up{the subject - out of nowhere no-less} that it was still in the unopened box in her storage unit...well, it's living here with us now and the old wax that was once boxed up, has been spinning nightly :D

Good going Ken.

I was a disc jockey for a brief period when I was young. At another time I worked in a store with a record department. Needless to say I acquired a ton of 78s, and later 45s and 33.333s. All that is left is a couple feet of 33s. I wish I had them back!

Doing a program of playing requests---virtually all from HS age kids---was a blast. You wouldn't believe some of the conversations we had.

I really like almost all kinds of music. However, you do not want to hear me attempt to play any instrument...It is truly painful. If you don't believe me, ask Glenn.

I edited this to add: The records we played and recorded at the radio stations were sixteen inches in diameter. When you first encountered them it felt like you were looking at dining table tops.

Enjoy,

JimB