Cedar closet wall...

Greg Cook

Just a little project I did on Sunday evening...

All the cedar T & G was free from my local lumber yard's scrap boxes. I have some more to do in our walk-in closet. The cedar gives off a nice aroma, without being overpowering. With my PC nailer, it only took a couple hours to do.

We'll be repainting the bedroom/closet and then I'll put on the trim.

Hi Greg, :wave:
That is a real good addition to a closet, especially if you have woolen wear there. I think that is enough cedar too as I have done several all walls and a full wall and ceiling closet and it was just too much, too strong.
Save your scraps for inside a blanket chest, one side. :D
Shaz

Thanks, guys.

I also think the one wall is enough. The aroma is there, but not overwhelming. We do store our wool clothes in that closet. I have some more T&G and can get more from the lumber yard...they should start cutting more soon. I want to do a wall in our master walk-in closet too.

Hi Greg, :wave:
That is a real good addition to a closet, especially if you have woolen wear there. I think that is enough cedar too as I have done several all walls and a full wall and ceiling closet and it was just too much, too strong.
Save your scraps for inside a blanket chest, one side. :D
Shaz

The aroma does lessen with time.
When it seems there is not enough aroma, a light sanding will open new cells and renew the insect deterrent effect.