Thread: Albright & Son percussion side by side

Albright & Son percussion side by side

This is a 1850's shot gun front loader. I found a load in the right barrel. I was able to get it all apart with little trouble and not to clean polish and restore. The customer said it belonged to her grandfather. Its a heavy gun. Little larger then a 12 Gage.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

I don't know enough about guns to count, Dave. But I look forward to seeing your progress on this project.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

I don't know what happened to my post, but I replied earlier asking if you will use electrolysis to clean the metal parts.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    I don't know what happened to my post, but I replied earlier asking if you will use electrolysis to clean the metal parts.
    yeah jonathan something is strange becasue the original picture isnt this one.. i remeber seeing the hammers real well and this one they are fuzzy.. differnt pic.. maybe ther eis another thread out ther like this one???
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

O Man my mind is going. I made a double post with this gun. The meds are having an effect on my today. Maybe I should go home and go back to bed and get up again and start all over LOL
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Interesting project. I'm sure you know that over restoring can hurt the value of an old gun. However, most of those shotguns do not have great value. They were shipped to the U.S., literally, by the boatload from England and Belgium. Have you used Evapo Rust for derusting? I have never used it but it is mentioned frequently on my muzzle loading forums as being a good product. Does the owner want to make it a shooter? Many of those old shotguns did not have 'standard' bore sizes. You said, a little larger than 12 ga. I can provide you with a source for unusual size wads if you need it. Looking forward to your progress reports.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire