Friday 12/9 Edition

We made it to another Friday and closer to the big Holiday season. So, what is going on in your neighborhood?

Me, I am off on a rust expedition here in just a bit. There are old tools out there and I am to find them. 4 more weeks off, so I won't bore you with the daily activities.

For those of you making gifts, they done yet?

Getting over a couple days of some kind of bug. The Christmas prep is kicking in; friends and family visits. Should be a great time. Takes a bite out of shop time though :rolleyes:

Babysitting the neice and nephew tonight...playing the part of a single dad tomorrow night...That should earn me some shop time on Sunday right? :huh:

Friday: Do some toning on the top panel of the credenza; cut final dimensions on shelves for it and edgeband them, hopefully.

Saturday: A little shopping with LOML to check on options for an LED flat screen TV, blu-ray player, etc. for the family room.

Sunday: Sleep in for a while, then I'll prepare brunch as usual. Hopefully, just a lazy day for a change.

As far as I know, I'm finished with gift items, although I'm thinking about doing some key chains if the urge strikes!

My daughter and SIL are flying in from Denver to spend the weekend. We'll go out for dinner this eveing, then tomorrow evening we are taking a dinner train ride. Rest of the time just hanging out with them.

Planning on final mudding touch-ups on the office tonight, then a final sanding tomorrow and perhaps primer and paint. May also finish up wall paper removal in the master so I can begin wall patching. Have my company's Holiday party tomorrow night, which is the first of many weekends of Christmas parties for us. My wife's B-Day is on Sunday, luckily she does her own shopping, I'm just required to drive to choice of eatery and other celebratory festivities for the 'said' time frame. Also got some xmas shopping left to finish up since we're getting together with my family next weekend.

Saturday morning going to the hospital for another MRI on my back. Something new is going on so the Doc wants to check it again. So I'll pop the valium the Doc gave me and have them grease me up and squeeze my fat butt into the tube:rofl: I never realized I was claustrophobic until the first time I had one of these tests :eek:

Sunday we are going over to one of my daughters for Sunday dinner. Will probably get some shop time in somewhere.

I think I can actually take the weekend off, so might get some work done on the doors for the shed.

Probably do some design work for a built in entertainment center.

Have to do some yard work as well. Be nice to get outside and out of this darn chair for a change.

I think I can actually take the weekend off, so might get some work done on the doors for the shed.

Probably do some design work for a built in entertainment center.

Have to do some yard work as well. Be nice to get outside and out of this darn chair for a change.

Shhhh. How about the dining room table?

A little shop time today, get some outlets wired. Move some tools. Cover some holes where the wind blows in. The rest of the weekend I am working. That's what I do on weekends! :) :rolleyes:

well if it looks the same as last time you looked at it hen all is good,, we can fix it and you can have areal table to eat on next thanksgiving.. see i am giving you almost a year to get it done..

Sometimes really good work like coffee can't be rushed, as it needs time to percolate. Of course it doesn't hurt to make sure you actually turned the heat on.

ABSOLUTLY nothing, my wife's brother and his wife are coming up to spend the weekend so it's gonna be a family get together and I need it. I have been working 7 days a week since October 15 until last wed Dec 7th. getting folks squared away on there medicare. Now that open enrollment is over I can return to a normal life. made a lot of money but I also worked my butt off.

Minimum to get done is to make it to the valley holiday gathering at Wanda's (Brent's making 4 kinds of meatballs), and then to put the garden beds to bed with last year's compost and to chipper/shred some new yard waste for next year.

(This is all above werky-werk that has to get done). I'm so lost without NAPCAR on for these few months.

Also, put up the fake tree, get cards ready to go, etc.

In regards to the table, if Brent can take the week of Christmas off, I will help him with any manual labor that needs to be done. He does have an out...remember I posted the note card that said "2010's", not "2010", so technically he has another eight years :rofl::rofl::rofl: I figure if you can bust him, so can I. It will be a labor of love.

Maybe we'll get our first practice session of flute (me) and guitar (Brent) in on Greensleeves.

Daughter just graduated from university!:thumb::congrats::clap::bliss: so I'm driving down to Victoria tomorrow to help her move out of her apartment. I'll probably have a hernia by the time I'm done there. No, she has not had her surgery yet. She's been offered lots of dates that "interfere" with her "schedule". So she's postponed it. The good news is that the dr. is feeling very badly for her and is willing to fit her in anytime she pulls the trigger. Let's not hold our breath. Going to stop at LV (again) on my way back. :D I think there are a couple of things I forgot last time. :rofl: Right now we only have 8 hours of daylight here, so it's going to be a nailbiter because I'm not supposed to drive in the dark....

hey I'll bet he gets the table done before Ned gets a finished shop...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ned, you could have done without that, couldn't you? And here I thought you got a start over since you moved and were going to be starting a new shop.

Not much going on here. Definitely no real shop time. I did get tools and cut a couple holes in the back of the entertainment center and installed two old 80mm computer fans running off an old wall wart. It was getting really hot since I moved a battery backup, cable modem and router to one of the shelves and off the top of my wife's computer in her studio. The wireless AP also moved but is mounted to the back of the cabinet because of the monster "ears" I've got on it.

Oh, surgery went well (11/30). Came home last Sat. Got the catheter out yesterday. Nurse at the desk asked if I was glad. I said "Yes. I feel like I'm untethered" She said that was a mental picture she really didn't need right before lunch. We all got a good laugh out of it. Anyway, Dr. felt like they got good margins and the pathology showed the cancer was contained within the prostate, so that is all great news. I've still got a couple things to "relearn" before I can go back to work. Hopefully by Thursday, and do partial days to finish out the week. Will just have to see how it goes. Jim.