Thread: Here's a look at mine

Here's a look at mine

Here is a look at the plastic drapping around my lathe so that I don't have to clean the whole shop after turning. It has a door slit on each end with a extra piece covering the slit.The area is about 6x8. the other pictures are self explanitory. Its not well organized but a work in progress.

Hi Kenneth,
    Thanks for the pics of your shop. I bet you bring some fine results out of there. White is a nice color on the tools too. Do you like them?
    Have fun and share again when you can.
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Great idea using the plastic to control the mess. I am not a turner but I could use something when I am routing with a planer bit to keep stuff from flying all over.

Kenneth, Do you find that the plastic works? I'm just so messy that no matter what I try I get chips and dust everywhere

Actually I think a lot of my dust/dirt was pre Festool. I'm going to take the leaf blower to the shop once I can take the insulation off the doors and open it up.

I have and like white tools as well.

Ken;
    Thanks for the pics of your shop. How do you like the Reeves drive system on your Jet lathe? Isn't that a 1442. I have the 1236 with a Reeves system. I think there are good points, and weak points. Similar to your set up, I hung clear shower curtains on EMT pipe, in front and in back of the lathe. After a turning session, I roll up the curtain out of the way on the pipe.

I see you have a vintage Craftsman table saw, it appears to be exactly the same as the one I had for about 25 years. I gave up on trying to keep it algned. It sure was a work horse.

Thanks,
    Mike
    My Dad taught me that it's better to keep my mouth shut and let people think I was stupid, than open it and remove all doubt.

Bill sorry didn't get back to you sooner was out of town. Yes the palstic works great for me I was always chasing chips all over the shop now they are in the one area. I have a dust filter mounted on the ceiling outside of the plastic with the hole cut out for the dust and I also have a dust collector at the lathe.
    Mike yes it is a jet 1442 and I love it. The table saw is also about 25 years old and doesn't get much use anymore I'm mostly in to turning.
    Ken