Time for a floor"done"

Chuck Thoits

Well my 100 year old southern yellow pine has done it's job well, now it is time for some new stuff. I have been looking and keeping an eye out for a deal for some time now and last night I pulled the trigger on some rustic birch. :thumb:
First pic is the old floor, Red is trying to figure out what's on the floor that needs to have it's pic taken. Second is the new stuff and the last pic is my brand new 1984 Nissan pick up.:thumb:

Attachments

• tn_floor 002.JPG
    tn_floor 002.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 126
  • tn_floor 001.JPG
    tn_floor 001.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 132
  • tn_floor 003.JPG
    tn_floor 003.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
141K so say the clock. It came from Nevada so there is not a spot of rust on it. Round these parts a truck of that age is well lets just say not so much.:thumb::rofl:

That's a big pile of flooring. Is it going over several rooms? Is it going down right on the present floor?
2 rooms for a total of just under 500 SQF. No the old stuff has to come up. Larry's seen my short ceiling-ed house I can't spare the 3/4":rofl::rofl::rofl:

I dont see any finished pics of no small block floor. Chuck is this floor meant to have small squares all over? them wood there looks to be all small pieces to make up squares as you lay them. Did you buy them with sunglasses on? :) or was this why you got a deal. :);)
Allen asked are you done yet???? :) lol

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

My guess Rob is this is the wast from making purity floors. They cut out the bad spots and turn them into floor than sell it for a discount. The one box I opened had one long one in it that is a whole 24" yes that was twenty four inches long.:thumb::thumb::doh:
I'm gonna drive my self nuts with this stuff but hey it was cheap.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

A bit of progress was made today.
First 2 pics are of the 1930's newspaper they used for rosin paper.
The third pic is where we left off for xmas at mom's.
Fourth pic is of the saws that had to be bought last night in the mad run to the BORG to get plywood that was needed. Now let me tell ya is a shame that PC tools was bought out. These new ones just are not what they used to be. That skill saw sounds like it's going to explode any second. But for 80 bucks what can you expect I guess.
Last pic is of where we left off for the night. KaLea is laying out while I nail that way all the peaces match.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• tn_floo 001.JPG
    tn_floo 001.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 72
  • tn_floo 002.JPG
    tn_floo 002.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 68
  • tn_floo 003.JPG
    tn_floo 003.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 79
  • tn_floo 004.JPG
    tn_floo 004.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 84
  • tn_floo 005.JPG
    tn_floo 005.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Nailed down the last board about 10 minutes ago. Now I can move on to getting some baseboard heat put up, and some base board nailed on.:thumb:

Attachments

• tn_floor done 001.JPG
    tn_floor done 001.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 59
  • tn_floor done 002.JPG
    tn_floor done 002.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 59
  • tn_floor done 003.JPG
    tn_floor done 003.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 60