I had to do some longer template routing on the last couple of projects. It figures that as soon as I got done with the current projects template requirements, a sale on the auto-adjust Besseys would come along. So, time for version 2 even though it may not see much use till the next project.
Here's the version 1 jig and the 4th clamp I just picked up. I grab a piece of ply and a piece of oak out of the scrap bin. I upped the base to 1/2" as the 1/4" base often flexed and made things fussy. Machine both pieces of wood square and screw one to the other.
Select your outer most clamp position and mark it. Bessey was good enough to make the holes on 1-1/2" centers so I can use setup blocks and just keep stepping off the holes. I learned on version 1 that having multiple positions is a good thing so I made a bunch.
I add the larger pivot foot to the new clamp and I'm all set. I replaced the top nuts for the foot adjustments with knobs back before I had the auto-adjust clamps. With the new clamps you almost never adjust the feet but, since the other three were already that way, I matched them. The little red caps on the ends of the threaded rod for the feet keep you from smacking yourself in the knuckles when disengaging the clamps DAMHIKT