shorts and strips, free, you pick up

allen levine

I received a circular in the mail today from a well known woodworking online/retailer.
I will not mention names. They were selling finished strips of wood totaling 12x12x1.5 inch to make cutting boards. Exotic and domestic woods. 19.99 I believe, I forgot the price they were asking.
Im offering, since Ive been cutting it up and tossing it, strips and shorts of many different species to any box builder, turner or cutting board maker.
Oak, spanish cedar, mahogany, maple(soft, hard), ash, walnut, birch, sycamore.
If anyone is interested, contact me if you live in the Long Island area and want to pick up enough to make 10 cutting boards.
Im cleaning out all the shorts by the end of the winter, so Id rather see someone use it than someone put it in their fireplace.
Its a not enough room thing for me. Theres just so much I can keep.
Its all free. (some of the long strips may be under 1.5 inches, but most average over an inch)

I don't get to the site very often these days so I missed this offer. Too bad we don't go to Queens anymore. No family left there. I'd love to make a run out to see you and check out your furniture factory.

you have an open invite, whenever you get south down the thruway.
I took alot of strips this past week and glued them up to make solid wood drawers for the piece Im currently working on. Doesnt look as bad as I thought they would, and I got to use alot of shorts Id otherwise probably eventually toss.

Thanks Allen. You have the same invite if you ever get up this way. Glad to hear you were able to use some of your short pieces.

Happy New Year!