Head beater, CA. style:)

larry merlau

well apparently some ole geezer thinks that i need to be knocked back into shape,, he sent this fine mallet, that he made. to my house and expects someone to use it on me.. he even included instructions on the proper use, we all know how long winded he can be on here when writing replies on some things well you should see how much he writes, it took me all night to get threw them, and so this is why this post is a day late.. he had wrote me earlier saying that he had this made for awhile, but it had some major flaws in it and wasnt sure about sending it..well i know he used to be some kind of a eye guy and probably sees much better than most because of it.. but i dont see any flaws and its real nice and heavy.. i think he must have tried to make it like my signature line and if so he succeeded:) so thanks jim for one fine mallet, and so far tom hasnt had time to read the directions so i am safe for now..

tn_jim's mallet 001.jpgtn_jim's mallet 002.jpg

I'm not quite sure about Larry's thoughts. What I said was that I thought he could use a nice round mallet. I implied that he was too challenged to learn to operate a lathe or he would be using one by now. Those who can do. The others do flat work.

I think I will drop my COX Cable now---sounds like a nice safe thing to do while I am still alive.

It should make a great Passenger Alignment Tool. It is 25.2 ounces of rock hard maple compressed into a package 12.25 inches long and, on the big end, 3.75 inches in diameter. There is no need to play, "Knock-knock" with it. I am quite sure just "Knock" will align any passenger.

Also, just one Knock is quite adequate to turn a piece of "flat work" into a piece of "Lumpy work."

I also understand that children should be nice when it is near Christmas time. Otherwise Santa cam turn that SawStop Cabinet saw into a lump of coal.

Dang it. I'm fresh out of coal. I guess that is OK though---I don't have a SawStop either.

Enjoy,

JimB