I'm a little shy but excited...

Joan I have a jet 1442 lathe. Yes that is abowl I Turned in fact it is on display in lathe projects under my name, it is the Pine bowl. I have the other half of that log that I'm going to turn today hopefully.I'm not a professional turner but enjoy turning and got the turner smock for Xmas from my wife. The best thing to invest in it keeps all the dirt off of you from the neck down and no cuffs to catch.
Ken

Last edited:
Thanks Ned for the link to Ken's shop. Depending on where I end up setting up shop, I might steal your idea about the plastic sheeting. I took a look at your bowls Ken. Really nice. Did you start out making bowls or did you first try smaller things? I like how each one is different both the way the wood came out and the shape/size. I have my eye on a Jet lathe also. My buddy, Gizzz has convinced me to go for the bigger one right away because I do plan on doing both the small projects and larger ones as I get more experience.

Joan

Sorry Joan was out of town. I started turning bowls and sent many of them flying around the room. Have purchased Bill Grumbine's two dvd's and have had nothing but fun since.The investment is worth every cent and you will be turning like a pro after wathcing his dvd's.
Ken:wave: