Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much do you pay for internet service?

Lafayette, Indiana

How much do you pay for internet service?

This is getting out of hand. My INTERNET provider is Comcast. I just opened my most recent bill to see a notice that as of Jan. 1 2012 my (broadband) internet service is going up from $44.95 per month to $62.95 per month. I also use them for my TV service. They are the only option for cable service here in my area. I do have the option of satellite but have not checked into it yet....but plan to. We as a nation have now become so reliant on internet service that it is almost impossible to go with out it. I use it everyday to run my business and to talk with you fine folks here. The cost of this service is getting higher than the level of service they provide in my opinion. We are always losing service and our TV signal....well it just sucks! I received about $20.00 credit last month for lost service. I guess that is what I will have to do for now on....keep track of every day of lost service and call it in for credit.

Is my cost in line with the rest of you?
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I use DSL cause COX is way to expensive out here. For TV we have satilite
    Last edited by Don Baer; 12-17-2011 at 09:35 PM.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Delton, Michigan
    tom all i have is DSL threw our phone company, and it has two speeds available.. we have the fastest and i dont have the numbers of the speed but our phone bill runs 67 a month for the house and the shop with two lines.. and our tv is HD and not cable or sat,, and we loose signal to.. so it doesnt matter if you have the great cable or the regular tv its still poor sometimes.. the gov made the tv folks go digital and now they have control of that too i think
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Buse Township MN
    We pay ~$90/month for 2Mbit wireless from . Living rural and needing a static IP really limits your options here in the midwest.
    Every child deserves a family. Adopt. Foster. Get involved.

Los Angeles, CA
    I have AT&T DSL and phone combo package. Bill runs about 56 a month for both. My DSL speed is very low, even youtube is not smooth. I tried to bump up the speed but they said that this is the only speed available in my area. I have been thinking of switching to time warner cable.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

Villa Park, CA
    I have ATT U-Verse and pay $45/mo for 11Mbps down, 1.5Mbps up.

Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

new york city burbs
    45 per month, mixed in with phone and cable tv.
    Human Test Dummy

Escondido, CA
    DSL (slow) plus home phone for $29 plus taxes. All I could get.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Billings Missouri near Springfield Mo
    I use AT&T U-verse 6mg for $24.95
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Amherst, New Hampshire
    I have Fairpoint for phone and internet. the total bill with taxes is $62.00 for both. I had lots of problems with losing connection but Fairpoint finally figured it out. It's a 3mb service. The highest I can get out here.

No cable out here. I have Direct TV.
    Faith, Hope & Charity