How much do you pay for internet service?

We have Verizon FIOS, phone, TV & Internet. The internet is WAY, WAY better than we had with Cox cable. As far as amount I would have to ask the minister of finance (LOML)

We have Road Runner standard from Bright House for $39.95 a month. Our local phone company just finished the fiber install, and I believe they will offer internet with a 20 MB down and 4 MB up for $29.95 with phone service--about $25 a month. I'm guessing that we will switch after they have time to work the bugs out of the new system.

We pay $30/month thru Sprint. I use my android phone as a "hot spot" that connects our computers wirelessly. I'm not that impressed with it so the next time there is a low $ offer for cable or dsl, we'll probably jump on it. No land linie and only over the air for tv.

Wow! I'm kinda envious of those low rates. We have cable bundled with internet and telephone, supposedly to save money. Total bill is about $125.00 monthly. :eek:
We had DSL but both telephone and i'net service was terrible plus we had to go with cable for TV and that was more.
At one time we had satellite (forget which) but we couldn't get in-state news. For a news and politik junkie that was unacceptable. Plus we lost service whenever it rained.

Frank, I used to have Dish network for my satellite and needed 2 dishes. One for local stations and one for all the other stations. Every time it clouded over I lost signal. I switched to Direct TV and only need one dish for everything. I only lose signal in a real severe storm now. Local TV stations is now included in the price. I pay $60.00/month for about 150 stations. Fox news is included :D

Frank, I used to have Dish network for my satellite and needed 2 dishes. One for local stations and one for all the other stations. Every time it clouded over I lost signal. I switched to Direct TV and only need one dish for everything. I only lose signal in a real severe storm now. Local TV stations is now included in the price. I pay $60.00/month for about 150 stations. Fox news is included :D

My BIL climbs a ladder and sprays Pam on his dish whenever snow is forecasted. :doh:

Our local satellite dealer says if I give him an address in Little Rock he can program me to receive all local channels. Apparently, he is 'fooling' the satellite company into believing my home is in Little Rock and not 150 miles north. My daughter lives in LR and I could use her address but won't participate in the cheating and lying.

The price we pay for television be it cable or satelite and home phone and internet is extortion levels. Until recently my bill for satelite with very limited options, 2 analog phone lines with local calling only included and internet dsl with supposedly 5mb download and 600kb upload was over $200 per month. And we use skype to make our international calls so its not call costs doing it and thats with no cell phones. BTW we also have limits now on how much internet bandwidth we get to use per month for each tier of service so we get skinned at every turn. There are only three primary carriers and even then they have to lease lines to each other.

Rob,

Check out Teksavvy. They are headquartered in Chatham. We'v had them for our phone + internet for almost 2 years. Much cheaper than Bell. And when you call, you get a local english-speaking tech person on the line. I did my research before switching... Primus was another option but they were getting only about 50% positive reviews, whereas Teksavvy is over 90% positive reviews.

My phone + Internet + LD runs about $65-70.00 per month. We don't get TV.

...art

This is getting out of hand. My INTERNET provider is Comcast. I just opened my most recent bill to see a notice that as of Jan. 1 2012 my (broadband) internet service is going up from $44.95 per month to $62.95 per month. :eek: I also use them for my TV service. They are the only option for cable service here in my area. I do have the option of satellite but have not checked into it yet....but plan to. We as a nation have now become so reliant on internet service that it is almost impossible to go with out it. I use it everyday to run my business and to talk with you fine folks here. The cost of this service is getting higher than the level of service they provide in my opinion. We are always losing service and our TV signal....well it just sucks! I received about $20.00 credit last month for lost service. I guess that is what I will have to do for now on....keep track of every day of lost service and call it in for credit.

Is my cost in line with the rest of you?

What is your tv service?
I have basic tv and with the internet, and it is $1 less then just the internet. Just shy of $64 with me owning the modem.
Seriously considering going down to their dial up speed service. No real selection for me here, as I am too far for DSL, lack of dial up providers anymore, and limited bandwidth on the wireless options for the times I need a new Linux download. (licensed monopoly)

In LA we've got Verizon phone and DSL, with Dish Network for TV. Off the top of my head (and I'm too lazy right now to go look it up), they both run us about $90 apiece. Here in Albuquerque, I'm using Comcast cable for Internet and TV, and my AT&T cell phone as my only phone line. I think the Comcast bill is also going to be about $90 or so per month (haven't gotten the first bill yet), but I'm paying a bit extra for the mid-level speed on the Internet connection and for HD TV service (which they only include in the middle-level TV packages).

All I know is they all seem to cost more than they're worth, but it'd be virtually impossible for me to do without decent high-speed Internet these days. I can live without the TV, but LOML can't. The main reason I got the TV service at the Albuquerque place is so it'd be available for my niece and her family when they come to town and stay at the condo. They own the condo, but only use it a few weeks out of the year. I'm "renting" it from them for the cost of utilities and the $140 monthly HOA fees. I figured I could throw HD TV in there for them as a thank you. I will admit, though, that I've watched more TV in the past two weeks than I have in the previous three years, mainly because I don't have a woodshop to play in after work.