G0690 / G06901 Owners - A Fence Question

glenn bradley

Coulda swore I asked this awhile back but, cannot find the thread using search . . . I shifted the large tube on my Beisemeyer over one set of holes thereby gaining 10" of rip capacity. Is this possible on the Grizzly fence setup for the G0690/691?. It seems that it would be even if a little drilling and tapping were required. Or, with the current sale price would you just buy the G0691 and cut the rails down if required?

A little help ;-)

Yeah, I answered that thread. Did it go POOF in the upgrade?? :huh::huh: I did exactly that with my 691. I have about 63" to the right of the blade now. Built a new extension table to cover the extra space.DSCN2712 691 saw front.jpg I can actually rip maybe up to 1" to the left of the blade, but never will. I had to drill one hole in the cast iron to make this happen. Jim.

Yeah, I answered that thread. Did it go POOF in the upgrade?? :huh::huh: I did exactly that with my 691. I have about 63" to the right of the blade now. Built a new extension table to cover the extra space.View attachment 63596 I can actually rip maybe up to 1" to the left of the blade, but never will. I had to drill one hole in the cast iron to make this happen. Jim.

i knew i saw a putty cat ,,i did i did:)

Thanks all. I knew Jim had a G0691 and thought I had gotten an answer to my question before. I wanted to confirm my memory (always a good idea for me) and couldn't find the thread. What I am factoring in to the many, many elements of a decision that may never result in a purchase is; if I went with a G0690 or G06901, should I shift the tube or get the 691 and cut them down if required? At the current sale price the difference is only $55 and you get the extension legs so, if I decide soon this is moot. I am going to PM Jim with other questions and will post stuff here if I think it will be of value to others.