For Allen Levine...

nah, the dark side is that lathe that collects dust in my shop.
thanx for mentioning this bill.
its close enough, might take a ride over there.

I feel like Im being watched too closely when I go to shows or exhibits. Like the salesmen are ready to sell me anything, which ofcourse they are, but I dont like having sets of eyes watching me all the time.

Last edited:
so have you bought your ticket to go to this bill:) so you can say hi to allen and ken:)

I will be getting back there some day soon. The wife has New York on her bucket list and I have not been back since I lived there in the late 80's. LN Shows do hold not a thrill for me any longer, unless they have some other vendor showing along with them. This one has a couple I would not mind seeing, especially Matt Bickford. Besides I can hold a mini LN Show in my shop anytime I want to.

I feel like Im being watched too closely when I go to shows or exhibits. Like the salesmen are ready to sell me anything, which ofcourse they are, but I dont like having sets of eyes watching me all the time.

You won't have that problem at a LN Show. Deneb Puchalski is too busy answering questions and demonstrating to be selling anything. These guys are all seriously out numbered by everyone who shows up to give you the evil eye. Trust me you will have unfettered access to everything they have, to touch, hold and you will not get molested by any evil salesman. I don't bother buying anything there, mainly because they don't bring much in stock to sell. I just ask for my free shipping coupon and then order from the website. If you go, check out Matt Bickford's planes and ask him what the wait time is for a quarter set of hollow and rounds.

Last edited:
Im going to skip the show this time bill.
Im probably going up to the woodworking show in march up in saratoga.
Joel Moscowitzs' place is easier access for me , and I can try anything I want there also.(just looking for a wide and heavy shoulder plane)