Friday 12/23 Edition

Once again we have made to to yet another Friday. Big holiday weekend for lots of folks is near. Travel and the whole ball of wax, could be involved. So I have to ask, what's going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, will be heading to the shop here in just a bit. Few things to do. Taking the kids over to the tavern for the all you can eat lunch. Nothing like grilled pork chops and all the fixins. Will be doing family things for the rest of the weekend. It is just shot, with all this holiday stuff. Lots to do and no time to do it. 2 more weeks until classes resume.

The first of 4 Christmas's today...still need to get some mineral oil on a couple cutting boards...other than that family time. :):D

Buried in church activities to be sure! But gonna try for a little shop time today. Mental health is important. That big building out back with all the tools is my asylum.

So much to do! I'm running the AV booth for four services this weekend. Dinner at my son's house. Then, I must get some shop time in too!

boy steve you sure know how to hurt a guy,, i had those pork chops and i was lucky enough to have those two fine gals with yu too so tell gator, and comet i said hey.. and i will tell santa to be extra nice to them:)

I am hoping for no more surprises this weekend. Pop's who just turned 83 was picked up last night about 10 by the ambulance. Got a call from Mom he could not breath and was chocking. I took off pick her up and headed for the hospital. They were quick and got him breathing and we were back home by 12. So I will be in the shop working , hopefully get some time to paint and set up my new lath.
BTW I am talking up a Bike trip to NS this summer with some friends .

I am hoping for no more surprises this weekend. Pop's who just turned 83 was picked up last night about 10 by the ambulance. Got a call from Mom he could not breath and was chocking.
Prayers coming your way - hope this proves to be an isolated incident and not related to any other issues.

Last edited:
Got 5 days off, starting today. Going to get some shop time in, but mostly organizing the office today, too cold out in the shop area. Already had Xmas with my family, heading to my inlaws tomorrow. Probably do some cooking this weekend in the dutch oven or slow cooler, just not sure what yet.

Dave, glad to here your dads ok. :wave:

Darren

Going to see Mission Impossible with LOML this evening. Tomorrow, I am working on my own mission impossible.....shop clean up.

Dave, glad to hear your dad is doing ok now. Wishing him good health.

Friday: Started off lazy, then we (LOML and I) have had a little shop time. She's vacuuming everything in sight and I'm picking up a few things before I start rubbing out the credenza top.

Saturday and Sunday: Mostly some time to relax together and watch a few movies on the new setup.

LOML is on vacation until Jan.3, so I'm sure she'll have some projects for me!

A few errands today, interspersed with some seasonal visits. Eating. Some time in the shop to try and get un-stuck on the stalled curly ash Kindle case project. More eating.
Our boys are on an all-day pre-Christmas mystery mission today, involving driving into a foreign country:D All I know is it isn't 2500 lbs of steel like last year.
Tomorrow, more eating. Midnight Mass (at 10pm:dunno: ) followed by more eating at a choir member's home.
Lots of music.
Playing with toys.
Christmas dinner.
Movies.

Hope your Dad's doing okay Dave.

Merry Christmas to all :wave:.

Well the big feed at the tavern is over. Wow, is a way to put it. Chops were off the grill and excellent as always. Kids had a great time. Rick, owner, was in a Christmas mood. Jukebox was cranking out the holiday toons.

Looks like the weekend will be a combination of various family/friend get-togethers and just slounging around the house. I still need to pick up a few last-minute gifts, but there's still LOTS of time to do that. :D This will be a kind of bittersweet holiday though, since I'll be away from LOML for the first Christmas in about 16 years. (Probably won't get to see her in person until the middle of next month. And it'll be longer than that before I get to see my shop again.) :( This is the first Christmas in a while that I'm not giving any shop-made gifts, too.

Dave, glad to hear your dad's issues got sorted out, and I hope they stay away.

All shopping is done...whew!!!. (Must be a record for me.) Still some wrapping. Have until Jan 2 off, but have to fly to NJ on that Tue.

Listening to Brent cooking me a chocolate/praline cheesecake. The festival of food starts tomorrow:
Sat - Strata for Breakfast, then all day Crab Legs, Shrimp Cocktail and Lobster tails
Sun - Prime Rib, Potato Crisps, Creamed Spinach, Homemade dinner rolls, Pumpkin cheesecake

Guess I better send my birdie in the opposite direction...

But the rest of the week is getting ready for the new year...special projects include playing the new piano (and my flute), finish painting the hallway (including getting new doors), sorting out all the sewing/craft stuff to clear out some of the off-site storage, putting the garden to bed,etc. We'll see. Taking care of Bucky from her knee surgery (she's doing pretty good). And maybe, just chilling :thumb::thumb:

Hi to Everyone,

Glenn and Deb will be here Saturday. We will have our Present Exchange then. Glenn and his tribe will do the exchange thing on Sunday.

Thank you Mohammad. Now I know why my shop never gets totally clean---"Mission Impossible."

Sharon, A new piano is always a time of happiness, revel in it.

Vaughn, You have my sympathy. Myrna and I had a lot of 5 day separations when I was going to school in Los Angeles and there were absolutely no apartments for rent (there was no construction during WWII). I didn't think she would enjoy living in a Frat house.

It has been a wonderful life. I wish that all of you had one as good, or preferably, better. And I hope all of you manage to live at least as long as I have.

Enjoy,

JimB

May all of the people with different colored skin, different ethnic backgrounds, and different beliefs cool it and let us have Peace on Earth!!!!

nice night planned with relatives and kids coming over, and they are all bringing their boyfriends and girlfriends.
Maybe we will go over to some friends tomorrow night to celebrate xmas eve with them, although not being able to enjoy all that home made italian food will be somewhat torture for me, so I might change my mind and just stay home and mope.(its impossible to visit my friends home during holiday time when all their relatives are in from overseas, because not eating is an insult to them. And not eating everyones dish is a bigger insult to the ones you skip)
My buddies mother, in her early 80s, this is how it goes:
She asks the second you walk in and greet everyone. You hungry?
You say, not really, I ate dinner an hour ago, maybe later.
Then she sits you down, and puts, ziti, lasagna, sausage/meatballs/peppers, maybe some veal or chicken parmasian, garlic bread, some vegetables, a plate that can feed a small nation, then she says, ok, since you no hungry, I no give you salad.

Last edited: