Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's snowing on my computer

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

It's snowing on my computer

My niece said she heard that if you did a Google search for let it snow that it would snow on your screen. I have Google as my home page and tried it and sure enough it snowed, snowed so hard that a blue button appeared as the screen frosted up for me to Defrost. Try it my, niece couldn't get it to work for her.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Cool! Worked for me.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Nice!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

just found out it won't run in IE. Go figure....
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Worked...sure wish we'd get some real snow soon...I know, be careful what you wish for

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    just found out it won't run in IE. Go figure....
    I've got IE-9 and it works with that.
    Jesus was a Woodworker

KOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Korn View Post
    Worked...sure wish we'd get some real snow soon...I know, be careful what you wish for
    Better be careful... my step son is a long hauler... he made the same wish... talked to him yesterday morning and he was in a truck stop in western New Mexico, shut down because of the snow... talked to him an hour or so ago, he's back on the road, but the weather guessers are all saying I40, I17, I25 are all shut down... he's headed east on I40 bound for St Louis.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ellis View Post
    Better be careful... my step son is a long hauler... he made the same wish... talked to him yesterday morning and he was in a truck stop in western New Mexico, shut down because of the snow... talked to him an hour or so ago, he's back on the road, but the weather guessers are all saying I40, I17, I25 are all shut down... he's headed east on I40 bound for St Louis.
    Chuck you tell him to be careful out there, I was dead heading from Dallas to a coupla winters ago and a storm hit the pan handle and we had high winds and black ice all over the place, not fun when you rig wants to go one way and the tractor wants it's called a jacknife, to go one way and the trailer wants to go another. I finally pulled over in and spent the night where I was, thats about the time I decided that I really didn't want to be a OTR driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Chuck you tell him to be careful out there, I was dead heading from Dallas to a coupla winters ago and a storm hit the pan handle and we had high winds and black ice all over the place, not fun when you rig wants to go one way and the tractor wants it's called a jacknife, to go one way and the trailer wants to go another. I finally pulled over in and spent the night where I was, thats about the time I decided that I really didn't want to be a OTR driver.
    Agreed. Growing up in Barstow (no comments from the peanut gallery) and driving down to San Berdoo during high winds (Cajon summit) was always a bad thing. Seeing a lot of trailers and wide loads smashed on the side of the highway was never fun. When they say wind warning...BELIEVE IT.