bathroom+concrete=what kind of flooring?

Kevin.....I dont' know what to advise but I'll tell you what I wont' use. I finished a bathroom in my basement and put down a no-wax vinyl. Then we had to put down throw rugs because if you stepped out of the tile shower with wet feet.........it was slicker than some of the mountains we've skiied in the past. I'm also glad I put porcelain tile down in the shower floor rather than glazed tile like I put on the walls of the shower. The two match in color but the porcelain doesn't have a glaze on it and it's not slick. It is a lot easier on us when we have guests, especially our aging parents, knowing that they won't slip and fall.

another in favor

of non glazed ceramic tile. the slipping can be a very bad thing.:eek: had vinyle and needed the rug which can be another route but use rubber back rugs. try to get a lady's point of veiw they tend to look at things differntly than we do:D

We had a tile floor in the back entryway and 1/2 bath of our old house in a wing that was on a slab. Concrete would make a very stable base for tile.

Another for ceramic tile. We used the rougher, textured stuff

yup, tile is usually laid over concrete....durarock and hardi backer are the "low rent" alternitive to a real mud job.....when tile is installed correctly over a wooden subfloor a very stiff mixture of portland and sand is trowled into stucco wire then thinset is applied to the concrete....optimally before it`s completely cured, and the tile set......if the floor is virgin then just troweling on some thinset and plopping down your tiles is fine....if a sealer has been applied it should be completely removed prior to applying thinset...tod