I have been good. Tool gloat.

When we were opening gifts on Christmas I opened a box that checks come in. Inside was a reciept and a picture of this. I had to go and get it as it wouldn't fit in the van. But hey that was no problem, it gave me another chance to go to the Woodsmith Store. I got it home, unloaded and assemblied by myself. The top is heavy, but I made it. One minor problem is the belt was too long. Called back to the store and one is headed my way from Steel City. I found one that will work in the mean time.

Attachments

• jointer 1.jpg
    jointer 1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 77
  • jointer2.jpg
    jointer2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 71
  • jointer3.jpg
    jointer3.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 71
  • jointer4.jpg
    jointer4.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 77
  • jointer 5.jpg
    jointer 5.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 72
Thanks to all. I tried it out this afternoon and it works great. I checked all the adjustments and they were within .001" out of the box. Well Larry I don't know if I will get more done this year, but I am into a baby bed build. I will start a thread on it in a couple of days. Brent, it was a wooden crate, but it was like strips of plywood on edge and then covered with a one ply sheet. It would break fairly easy. LOML had told me that Woodsmith was closing out their 6 and 8" Steel City jointers and when these were gone the new ones would be higher. She got this one $150.00 off. The 8" models were gone when I got there to pick this one up on Monday afternoon. The 6" on the floor was their last one. Now I have to be real good and get the bandsaw next Christmas.