Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titebond Date Codes

Talking Titebond Date Codes

For those who wish to know; (Per Titebond) - In March of 2009, we switched to the new lot numbering system. The new one is: The first digit represents A for America (made in), the second digit is the last digit of the year of manufacture, the third and fourth digits represent the month, the fifth and sixth digits represent the day of the month and the last four digits represent the lot number. Example: A904270023 – This material was manufactured on April 27, 2009
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Never had any stay in the shop long enough to be concerned....lol
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Never had any stay in the shop long enough to be concerned....lol
    I just tossed 5 partial bottles in the trash ranging from 18 months to over 3 years old.

I can never remember what I have and always think I should pick up a bottle 'just in case' when I'm at Woodcraft.

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I am usually the other way, I end up running down to my local supplier cause I run out when I am in the middle of something. Fortunatly my local hardware guy stocks the stuff so it only 8 miles away...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Thanks Rennie, it can be surprising at the amount of 'close to' or 'outdated' items for sale on the shelf!

Good info to know.

I too keep picking up a bottle "just in case" and end up with four half bottles around the shop.

It is good info Rennie I have picked up more than one out of date item from the store shelf. Even more so now than when times where rolling.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

Thank you for the information. What is the shelf life of titebond?

DKT

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrich Trenner View Post
    Thank you for the information. What is the shelf life of titebond?

DKT
    Per the Titebond website:
    What is the shelf life of Titebond Wood Glues?

Our literature states the shelf life of all of our glues as one year. Titebond Liquid Hide Glue includes an expiration date on the bottle, because it can progressively lose its ability to dry hard, and this change is not visually obvious. Titebond Polyurethane Glue has a one year shelf life in an unopened container, but is useable as long as the glue remains fluid. Polyurethanes, however, are designed to react when exposed to moisture and can sometimes begin to cure after the bottle has been opened, and solidify. Most of our yellow and white glues, including Titebond Original and Titebond II, remain usable beyond two years. Should Titebond Original become thick and stringy, or Titebond II turns into an orange colored gel, these changes signify that the glue is no longer usable. The minimum shelf life of Titebond III is stated as one year, when stored appropriately at room temperature. Titebond III is expected to last beyond its stated shelf life. If thickened, shake vigorously by firmly tapping bottle on a hard surface until product is restored to original form.

www.wrworkshop.com

ok we know the new way to code them what was the old one rennie? when did they change there code system?
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!