Thread: Catalog gazing

Catalog gazing

Got my Grizzly 2012 catalog in the mail today.

I used to own the older version of their 13" planer/moulder, has gone up about $400 since I bought mine and had a couple of design changes, like the placement of the moulder and added guides for moulding.

I mentioned selling it a while back. Only time I've ever had a kickback was using the moulding feature of it. I set it to the slower speed, installed the casing blades I had purchased, and followed the manual's instructions for mouldings. After about 30 seconds I heard some loud bangs, a ping or two and my board shot out the back and into a workbench across the room. Shut it down quickly. After some inspection. I found the blades had all shattered, which ruined the planing blades as you left them in and stacked the moulding blades on top of them. I also found a piece of one of the blades embedded in a piece of sheet metal that was leaning against the bench. All I could figure was it was taking too big of a bite, but didn't see a way to lower the feed rollers to feed a lighter cut. I had a luchbox planer and was wanting to buy a mig welder, so sold it and the dust collector to get the mig, which I don't regret.

Anyway, anyone else got their catalog yet?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0551.jpg   IMAG0550.jpg   IMAG0550.jpg  
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Just saw it laying on the counter when I came back in from 'BEING OUT IN THE SHOP ALL DAY'! WAHOO!!!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I got it a couple of days ago.
    It was the second to last or last night of hanukah, and my wife saw me flipping through it at dinner time, and she said since she didnt buy me any gifts this year, I should pick something out of it and shell buy it for me.
    I was tempted to buy the 150 dollar spindle sander, but I told her Id buy it when I need it for one of my next projects
    Im not pulling the trigger on anything till I see what happens after this holiday season and who offers discount cards or huge sales.
    so far, all I got was a 25% off any item on new years day from harbor freight.
    Human Test Dummy

hey Brent, can you check & see if they still offer the 3 piece hollowing tool set?
    -Ned

Ned, Looks like it, H5979 is the part number for $20.95
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

thanks, I ordered the gooseneck hollowing tool with the replaceable tip instead... I just wondered if they still offered it. as their wasn't a link to it on the website yesterday.
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    thanks, I ordered the gooseneck hollowing tool with the replaceable tip instead... I just wondered if they still offered it. as their wasn't a link to it on the website yesterday.
    Let us know how you like it Ned!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Saw mine sitting on the kitchen table last night
    Faith, Hope & Charity