Catalog gazing

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Got my Grizzly 2012 catalog in the mail today.

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63891
attachment.php

I used to own the older version of their 13" planer/moulder, has gone up about $400 since I bought mine and had a couple of design changes, like the placement of the moulder and added guides for moulding.
attachment.php

I mentioned selling it a while back. Only time I've ever had a kickback was using the moulding feature of it. I set it to the slower speed, installed the casing blades I had purchased, and followed the manual's instructions for mouldings. After about 30 seconds I heard some loud bangs, a ping or two and my board shot out the back and into a workbench across the room. Shut it down quickly. After some inspection. I found the blades had all shattered, which ruined the planing blades as you left them in and stacked the moulding blades on top of them. I also found a piece of one of the blades embedded in a piece of sheet metal that was leaning against the bench. All I could figure was it was taking too big of a bite, but didn't see a way to lower the feed rollers to feed a lighter cut. I had a luchbox planer and was wanting to buy a mig welder, so sold it and the dust collector to get the mig, which I don't regret.

Anyway, anyone else got their catalog yet?

Attachments

• IMAG0551.jpg
    IMAG0551.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0550.jpg
    IMAG0550.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0550.jpg
    IMAG0550.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 68
I got it a couple of days ago.
It was the second to last or last night of hanukah, and my wife saw me flipping through it at dinner time, and she said since she didnt buy me any gifts this year, I should pick something out of it and shell buy it for me.
I was tempted to buy the 150 dollar spindle sander, but I told her Id buy it when I need it for one of my next projects
Im not pulling the trigger on anything till I see what happens after this holiday season and who offers discount cards or huge sales.
so far, all I got was a 25% off any item on new years day from harbor freight.