Thread: Hanging Shelf

Hanging Shelf

Nothing real special, but I thought it turned out pretty well. One of my customers wanted some shelves that would hang below her kitchen cabinets. This was her design, I just built it.

And this little one to keep the height even on the other side of the microwave.

In order to apply stain and finish to all sides at once, I cobbled together this "rotisserie".

Ike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0515rs.jpg   DSCN0516rs.jpg   DSC01467rs.jpg  

Your "rotisserie" is quite clever. It allows you to apply finish on all surfaces without having to handle the shelves. Good job of matching the color. Not necessarily something I'd want, but it does add shelves is space that would otherwise not be used. If the customer is happy, and I think she should be, that's what matters most.
    Norm

I have a mind like a steel trap....
    ....rusty and illegal in 29 states.

Pretty neat use of wasted space. Your finishing method it really clever
    So mote it be,

Not only look good but a good idea. I'm sure others will steal.
    How did you fasten the shelves to the cabinets? Screws from above inside the cabinet?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

good use of the space for the customer and well made rig for staining and finishing the project...!!
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Thanks for the comments. I must admit that I stared at it for a long time before I came up with the "rotisserie" idea. It worked very well, but now the parts are back in the scrap bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    How did you fasten the shelves to the cabinets? Screws from above inside the cabinet?
    There was about 1 3/8" of cabinet frame below the bottom shelf. I just put screws horizontally thru the vertical pieces of the shelf into that framework.

Ike