Hanging Shelf

Nothing real special, but I thought it turned out pretty well. One of my customers wanted some shelves that would hang below her kitchen cabinets. This was her design, I just built it.

attachment.php

And this little one to keep the height even on the other side of the microwave.

attachment.php

In order to apply stain and finish to all sides at once, I cobbled together this "rotisserie".

attachment.php

Ike

Attachments

• DSCN0515rs.jpg
    DSCN0515rs.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN0516rs.jpg
    DSCN0516rs.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC01467rs.jpg
    DSC01467rs.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 72
Your "rotisserie" is quite clever. It allows you to apply finish on all surfaces without having to handle the shelves. Good job of matching the color. Not necessarily something I'd want, but it does add shelves is space that would otherwise not be used. If the customer is happy, and I think she should be, that's what matters most.

Thanks for the comments. I must admit that I stared at it for a long time before I came up with the "rotisserie" idea.;) It worked very well, but now the parts are back in the scrap bin.:rofl:

How did you fasten the shelves to the cabinets? Screws from above inside the cabinet?
There was about 1 3/8" of cabinet frame below the bottom shelf. I just put screws horizontally thru the vertical pieces of the shelf into that framework.

Ike