Sayin' Hi and Happy New Year from Florida!

Mark Skovera

Hi everyone,

My name is Mark Skovera and I'm in Tallahassee, Fl. I've been in woodworking for a number of years and hope to be in it for many more. I've been looking in on you all from time to time and it sure does feel friendly. I'd like to be a contributor to this group whenever I can.

I'm a transplant...born in the UP of Michigan, got climatized in the Navy and have been living in the south for near 35 years. I married an Alabama girl about 26 years ago...she won me over by sayin' grits in 2 syllables. We've been in Fl now for the past 22 years.

I like making stuff and making it out of wood only seems natural. From what I've seen here so far, there's an awful lot of knowledge and craftsmanship going on and I look to gain friendships and further my skills while contributing whenever possible. I look forward to being a part of FWW.

Mark

Welcome Mark:wave: good to have ya here:) Where about in the UP? My dad is from Bruce Crossing and My mom is from Ewen. Sure is a lot less snow here you are now:p

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. Roy, your question is not as simple. Growing up in MI right on the WI border, the only football was GB Packer football. For college, I sided with my dad and Michigan. When I moved to AL, you are either roll tide or war eagle. My bride graduated from Alabama, so it was pretty easy to pull for the tide. Here in FL, especially in Tallahassee...it's all 'Noles! I've been pull in for them for the past 22 years!