Thread: Mix of all sorts woodworking guns die making and minature work

Mix of all sorts woodworking guns die making and minature work

This link has all sorts in it from woodworking a rifle stock to making the rifle parts and way way more.

Warning this will hook you and burn time.

http://hamlertools.smugmug.com/Hobbi...57289916_j8kAE

Original thread began at Hamler Tools what a guy. I would just love to spend time with this guy seeing what he gets up to. All my life i have been a wanna be toolmaker. He does it all.

This is where this blog came from if you have an old Stanley and want a scraper plane check out this gizzmo from Hamler Tools

http://www.brasscityrecords.com/tool...per_insert.htm

Who said spinny work was a vortex, they forgot the handtools and planes oh boy............sigh sigh
    cheers

Different and interesting in all ways .................MB
    Usually Busier than a Cat In A sand Box : Arkansas Red Wolf & Razorbacks Fan

Rob your PM box is full.. cant send pm's to you
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Rob, I could be all day at that site. He is amazing. As a fancier of the old flintlock rifles it really captivated me.
    I stole.....er....borrowed the link and put on my muzzle loading discussion forum.
    That guy is some kinda talented. BTW, the shot with an Altoids box in it gave me a chuckle. Altoids boxes are a sorta inside joke with the muzzle loading crowd.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Well Frank i had thought of actually putting your name in the title of the thread because in all truth i was thinking of you when i saw it and hoping you get to see the link. Now i can rest easy.

Guy like this is amazing to me. Absolutely amazing. Would love to spend a bit of time with a guy like him just to see how he goes about his day.
    cheers

Rob thanks for the great links. I am planning on taking a serious look at the first site when I have a few hours to enjoy. For years I planned on building my own flintlock from scratch with the exception of buying a quality lock and barrel. The plan was to wait til I retire. Laughable in that here I am, and so busy I can't find enough time. Used to do a little metal casting so it sure brings back memories and got me going. I am still looking for a high quality birdseye maple blank for the stock. I do have some good ones but they are only long enough for a half stock like a Hawkin style. I think I better find at least 2 stocks because the ambassador put a request in for one also.
    I'm a certifiable tree hugger. (it's a poor mans way of determining DBH before cutting the tree down)

Paul i hear a guy or two in Michigan have a good stock of them birdseye maple....in fact there be three guys a father and son and a old geyser with a long grey beard and naughty dog. You know all three culprits oh son works a molder so you know he always gets the best stock. Go twist their arms. Tell em its for a good cause.
    cheers

Paul, I'm sending you a PT
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire