Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you believe it .................

Can you believe it .................

I got a secretary now. Jarrod went and hired this sweat looking young 30's something to help me out in the office. My desk is clean and organized, unbelievable ! Never had one of them.
    I think I'm going to love 2012.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Somebody is making way to much money

No pictures, it didn't happen
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

I wish Steve. Hopefully things are changing. Oh I sorry you wanted a pic of the sweat 30's something LOL sorry

Last edited by Dave Hawksford; 01-04-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

actually it will save you money dave... it wil get you out doing the color work and jarrod can do the stripping arepairing and she can do the phone answering and sound like she cares when she doesnt... because your doing work and that makes you the happiest..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Larry you are so right on. I hate desk work , handling the money or even doing the pick up and delivery. I like doing the work and the estimating. Between her and the book keeper I think I can manage LOL

Might be time to refinish HER desk
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    I was thinking the same...guess the electricians house is the last one to have working lights.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word ďboo.Ē Ė Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    That's the patina, man. People pay extra for that stuff.

Congrats on the new hire, Dave.

BTW, I'm guessing you meant sweet young thing instead of sweat young thing. Big difference, especially when it comes to women.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Hey want a minute ! I got that desk from this old lady the 1st year I went into business 82. This elderly deep spoken Irish lady wanted her kitchen painted so she could sell her town home and move into a retirement home. I asked her if she was getting rid of things in the move and she said yes. I asked if she had a desk; yes I do. I did the painting and she gave me the desk. She started writing a check and I told her she did not have to do that. The kitchen painting was only $350. She said that old desk I only paid $33 in 1930 its not worth any more then that to me, I owe you money, I asked her what else she was getting ride of She said you may need a lamp. Nice Roosevelt brass desk lamp with green shade. $15 buck then she she said she had a Ceder chest and I said ok. But she still insisted on writing me a check. I told look that old oak table you have early 1800"s is that something your getting rid of and she said yes. OK I'll take it and you are not writing me a check. We finally came to an agreement. For that memory the desk will stay like it is with all the 3 boys saw makes , coffee spills and knife stabbing. This thing has CHARACTER !

With that story, I can see why you're not gonna refinish the desk.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com