Can you believe it .................

I got a secretary now. Jarrod went and hired this sweat looking young 30's something to help me out in the office. My desk is clean and organized, unbelievable ! Never had one of them.
I think I'm going to love 2012.

I wish Steve. Hopefully things are changing. Oh I sorry you wanted a pic of the sweat 30's something LOL sorry

IMAG0566.jpg

Last edited:
actually it will save you money dave... it wil get you out doing the color work and jarrod can do the stripping arepairing and she can do the phone answering and sound like she cares when she doesnt... because your doing work and that makes you the happiest..

Larry you are so right on. I hate desk work , handling the money or even doing the pick up and delivery. I like doing the work and the estimating. Between her and the book keeper I think I can manage LOL

Hey want a minute ! I got that desk from this old lady the 1st year I went into business 82. This elderly deep spoken Irish lady wanted her kitchen painted so she could sell her town home and move into a retirement home. I asked her if she was getting rid of things in the move and she said yes. I asked if she had a desk; yes I do. I did the painting and she gave me the desk. She started writing a check and I told her she did not have to do that. The kitchen painting was only $350. She said that old desk I only paid $33 in 1930 its not worth any more then that to me, I owe you money, I asked her what else she was getting ride of She said you may need a lamp. Nice Roosevelt brass desk lamp with green shade. $15 buck then she she said she had a Ceder chest and I said ok. But she still insisted on writing me a check. I told look that old oak table you have early 1800"s is that something your getting rid of and she said yes. OK I'll take it and you are not writing me a check. We finally came to an agreement. For that memory the desk will stay like it is with all the 3 boys saw makes , coffee spills and knife stabbing. This thing has CHARACTER !

Rob I am also getting a web site made for the art work and will also use the SEO company for that. Plus we are adding words for Painting and gilding conservation. So the new year is looking great.

Dave,

It all sounds great.

I hired myself out as a practice management guru for doctors. It was something I really, really (not a typo) enjoyed. That is just a lead in to what I told the docs. "It is the people up front (receptionist, etc.) that make or break a practice. They have the initial contacts with the patients. They are the people that give the patients their first insight into the practice. If they ruffle the patient's feathers the patient can end up as a "No Show" or a cancellation and never ever see the doc. If the receptionist and other front-office staff make the patient happy, the patient initially sees the doc with a real up-beat attitude. The patient is all primed for a good relationship.

So I am glad you said, "sweet looking young 30's something to help."
She does not have to be beautiful, however she needs to have a beautiful personality and the ability to not screw-up.

I wish both of you the very best!

Enjoy,

JimB

Dave,

It all sounds great.

I hired myself out as a practice management guru for doctors. It was something I really, really (not a typo) enjoyed. That is just a lead in to what I told the docs. "It is the people up front (receptionist, etc.) that make or break a practice. They have the initial contacts with the patients. They are the people that give the patients their first insight into the practice. If they ruffle the patient's feathers the patient can end up as a "No Show" or a cancellation and never ever see the doc. If the receptionist and other front-office staff make the patient happy, the patient initially sees the doc with a real up-beat attitude. The patient is all primed for a good relationship.

So I am glad you said, "sweet looking young 30's something to help."
She does not have to be beautiful, however she needs to have a beautiful personality and the ability to not screw-up.

I wish both of you the very best!

Enjoy,

JimB

Jim
You wouldn't believe how many company's I went into that let the receptionist go first in a layoff. Then replace her with a phone out front and tell you to dial the party you are there to see. Then that call ends up in voice mail. And some of them wanted you to spell the name you wee there to see into the touchpad on a regular phone. And dialing "O" would get you into the same endless loop. And in many cases it took a tear or two for them to admit to the foolishness and get some one back out front and on the phone. Or they would contract with some security service for the front desk people that didn't know anything about the company or product the plant was making.