Esophageal Cysts

Stuart Ablett

Back when I was diagnosed with skin cancer they did a rather complete check of my body for any spread of cancer, fortunately it had not metastasized and I'm still here to talk about it! :thumb::thumb:

Something that they did find was an esophageal cysts in my esophagus. They did a further check on it, and they found it to be basically full of fluid, most likely water. The doctor had a good look at it and told me that it was not a problem at the time, but could be if it continued to increase in size. Lately I've noticed I sometimes have trouble swallowing and once I get my heart rate up, like climbing hills, I just simply cannot get enough air in and out of my lungs, I feel like I'm breathing through a straw. Today I found I was actually getting a bit light headed at the top of a hill.:eek:

I go in for a check up CT and Echo for my skin cancer on the 23rd, and I'm going to ask the docs about this cyst, and if they can drain it, or remove it or something. I was wondering if any one here has had any experience with this kind of thing, is it a big deal, like a stay in the hospital for a week to recover kind of thing or what?

Starting my year off right :)

Cheers!

Starting my year off right :)

Cheers!

Looks like we both are starting 2012 just great. I had blood drawn for my latest PSA and the doc called me to say my number had climbed to 75. (previously had been about 0.5. Was only 21.2 before I had the cancerous prostate removed) I had a second draw done yesterday afternoon and am waiting for the result today.

Only thing close to what you are experiencing is I had to have that valve at the bottom of my esophagus stretched out (twice) so I could swallow anything. That is a scary happening too.

Hope yours all works out. I go for bone and CT scans on the 14th.

Aloha, Tony

Don't know about the cysts. I have a very persistent and annoying case of gastric reflux or GERD. It gives me an almost constant low grade sore throat (larynx) and my voice is gradually fading. My esophogus was diagnosed via a scoping (EGD) as being scarred. Later this month I go to the VA hospital for tests involving putting, not one, but two tubes down my nose into the esophagus for tests and study. That should be a lot of fun - not. Involves an overnight stay.
Methinks, in my layman's way, that an EGD study would be in store for you. Not bad, it is done while you are unconscious.
Keep us informed, hope it is a simple fix.

we all are falling apart, wearing out or sticking together in the wrong places,, its called aging and hope this gets fixed for you as eating and drinking is a necessary and enjoyable feature of life.

Sorry to hear that Stu. Hope everything turns out for the best. Could you call and move the appt up? Sounds like something to get straightened out sooner rather than later.

Not trying to turn this into an I'm sick too thread :blah:, but....Tony, how long since your prostatectomy? I had mine out on Nov. 30th. Just did my first post surgery PSA test on Tuesday this week...don't know the results yet. Results of the urine were good. Praying for the best for you my friend. Jim.