Thread: Grandpa at Kindergarten

Des Moines, IA

Grandpa at Kindergarten

I had the privilege to give a little talk about woodturning at my grandson's kindergarten class. I enjoyed being there and I hope that they all learned a little bit. My grandson asked to do this back before Christmas but we could not arrange a time that worked. I showed a log, a bowl blank, a rough turned bowl, my respirator, a bag of shavings, a finished bowl, a little turned duck, a screwdriver, and a winged bowl. During my little talk I passed around some of the items above and then after my talk they were all able to come up and pick up the log, the bowl blank. I have attached some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hud Class Post 2.JPG   Hud Class Post 3.JPG   Hud Class Post 4.JPG   Hud Class Post 5.JPG   Post Hud Class 1.JPG  

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Wayne that's just great that not only he wanted you to do that, but that you could find the time to get it done. Great job grandpa.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Great job Grandpa! Looks like it put a smile on more than just the grandson's face, looks like the whole bunch enjoyed the day.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Amherst, New Hampshire
    That's terrific Gramps

I've got one of those coming up soon too. I'm bringing napkin holder kits for the kids to make.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

GTA Ontario Canada
    Way to go Grandpa you dun real good there. Glad it all came together for both of you. Bet you spurred a little imagination in those brains.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Tokyo Japan
    Way to go Wayne, plant the seed in them young minds that they too can make stuff, it does not have to be all store bought!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

DSM, IA
    Way to go dad! You can tell the kids enjoyed it too!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Goodland, Kansas
    That is cool Wayne. Don't be surprised if someday one of them asked you to teach them.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day
    and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home – forever.”

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.