Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys, Meet Bob.

Guys, Meet Bob.

Here's Bob.

It's been a long day. Got up at 3 and was on the road by 3:30. Got back at 3:30 as well...

Very nice drive on the way down. The yard it was stored at was on Treasure Island in the middle of San Francisco Bay. Very nice scenery. I got there around 8:40, called the guy and luckily enough he was already on the island. So a few minutes later and we were loading it up on the trailer. That was a little nerve wracking watch the trailer flex as he drove it up on the ramps. The backend of the trailer went down, the front went up, the boards creaked the steel flexed. My though was, "Hmm, Well, how am I going to get it home now?", but it all went well.

Chained it up with one chain at the front of the trailer and two chains around the bucket to keep it from coming forward. Tightened them up, drove about a quarter mile and checked. Yep, one of them came loose, so re-adjusted and then secured everything down.

Had to go to our old place in Antioch to pick up a couple of ladders. Well that was a bit nerve wracking. The load felt pretty heavy and the roads in the bay area are really rough. I kept an eye on the rear view mirror expecting to see it go tumbling off at any minute.

But it didn't, and once I got out of town and onto the highway all was right with the world. I did drive at 55 the whole way and that is quite an unusual perspective for me. Seemed like cars were passing me like I was sitting still.

It can use a little attention. It's low on Hydraulic fluid, could use a coolant flush and an oil change, but no big deal. It starts right up, runs smoothly and the hydraulics seem to work fine.

And no, I didn't tip it forward or backwards unloading it. (Sheesh, not one vote of support? Not even from my Wife? Thanks )

I did put a couple of jack stands under the back when I unloaded it. That made things a lot smoother. Looks like I'll toss a couple of those into the tool box on the trailer with all the other chains, binders, straps and such.

Drove it around a little bit, but until I do some maintenance, I'll hold off on doing any big chores with it.

Should really come in handy around here. Now it's time to order up some accessories!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FWW-0027.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	64234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FWW-0048.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	64235
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    So is Bob a neander or maybe he's a spinney guy, what kind of a woodworker is Bob anyhow ?
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Nice! Good to hear all went well.

Darren
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

And for the record I did not bet you would stand it up today. That comes later when you think you have it all figured out
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

Oh by the way when you stand them on there noise it put a real good hurt on your ribs.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

Now that's pretty darn cool
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Somebody has been trying to sell tracks for a bobcat up here in Bellingham for a while.

http://skagit.craigslist.org/tls/2766029685.html
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

Looks like the dogs want a piece of that Bobcat!
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thoits View Post
    Oh by the way when you stand them on there noise it put a real good hurt on your ribs.
    I think I got lucky when I took it off the trailer, cause I hadn't found the throttle yet... Creeping it off in low was easy! once I found the throttle, I found it does like to dance and bounce a little bit!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

It looks good. So what model is it what's it's HP how old is it. What is it rated to lift. Did you get an owners manual?

I think I can claim to own the oldest Bobcat on this forum. But you have the prettiest Bobcat.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart