Guys, Meet Bob.

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Here's Bob.

It's been a long day. Got up at 3 and was on the road by 3:30. Got back at 3:30 as well...

Very nice drive on the way down. The yard it was stored at was on Treasure Island in the middle of San Francisco Bay. Very nice scenery. I got there around 8:40, called the guy and luckily enough he was already on the island. So a few minutes later and we were loading it up on the trailer. That was a little nerve wracking watch the trailer flex as he drove it up on the ramps. The backend of the trailer went down, the front went up, the boards creaked the steel flexed. My though was, "Hmm, Well, how am I going to get it home now?", but it all went well.

Chained it up with one chain at the front of the trailer and two chains around the bucket to keep it from coming forward. Tightened them up, drove about a quarter mile and checked. Yep, one of them came loose, so re-adjusted and then secured everything down.

Had to go to our old place in Antioch to pick up a couple of ladders. Well that was a bit nerve wracking. The load felt pretty heavy and the roads in the bay area are really rough. I kept an eye on the rear view mirror expecting to see it go tumbling off at any minute.

But it didn't, and once I got out of town and onto the highway all was right with the world. I did drive at 55 the whole way and that is quite an unusual perspective for me. Seemed like cars were passing me like I was sitting still.

It can use a little attention. It's low on Hydraulic fluid, could use a coolant flush and an oil change, but no big deal. It starts right up, runs smoothly and the hydraulics seem to work fine.

And no, I didn't tip it forward or backwards unloading it. (Sheesh, not one vote of support? Not even from my Wife? Thanks :rolleyes: )

I did put a couple of jack stands under the back when I unloaded it. That made things a lot smoother. Looks like I'll toss a couple of those into the tool box on the trailer with all the other chains, binders, straps and such.

Drove it around a little bit, but until I do some maintenance, I'll hold off on doing any big chores with it.

Should really come in handy around here. Now it's time to order up some accessories!

FWW-0027.jpgFWW-0048.jpg

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
And for the record I did not bet you would stand it up today.:thumb: That comes later when you think you have it all figured out:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh by the way when you stand them on there noise it put a real good hurt on your ribs.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think I got lucky when I took it off the trailer, cause I hadn't found the throttle yet... Creeping it off in low was easy! once I found the throttle, I found it does like to dance and bounce a little bit! :eek::D:rofl:

Congratulations Brent. Looks like i missed all the fun. If its any consolation I would have not bet against you. I have complete faith in your abilities. You gonna have loads of fun with Bob. Sure will save breaking your back.

Ok enough now start excavating for a new shop foundation. I think you now need a bigger concrete mixer with a loading hopper to match Bobs bucket. Take a good rest and enjoy tomorrow sure will beat being behind the puter.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Rob brings up a good point. Bob can't sleep out side.:thumb: I think 60 x 100 aught to just about cover everything.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

That is really cool. You might hear from Glenn on this. His first real job was at a rental yard. He has more than a nodding acquaintance with Bobs (no that is not a typo...it is a plural).

Have fun with Bob and think of me. If I owned him, all I could do would be spin it around in circles or leave my property.

Enjoy,

JimB