Guys, Meet Bob.

These levers have a tendency to move rather hard. at first so what happens is one will pull on it and it comes dry so they pull harder and it pops open usualy resulting in bruised and bloody knuckles. After one time of that you learn to use a pipe or hammer or kick them like I do.

Aint that the truth! I was lucky enough to have some extra lengths of pile laying around. After I bruised my knuckles a few times, I finally got smart...

Thanks guys aint we all had that experience working on cars.:rofl: Only happens a couple of times before you learn to make a plan or anticipate it an avoid it.
Thanks for the video Chuck.

Brent, Thanks for posting the pic of the shovel attachment. It looks much easier to attach then the backhoe.

My Bob is a model 444 manufactured in 1963 rated to lift 1000 pounds However it does have a little extra weight in the form of rail road iron chained to the back.. The most it's ever lifted is 1300 pounds of bagged cement on a pallet just enough to clear the floor & move it out of the way.

Bob is powered by a 16 hp motor that has been overhauled about 50 hr. ago. Has rebuilt hydraulic cylinders, a new reeves drive system, the last out of North Dakota no more available accept maybe a rebuilt. To go with Bob I have 2 buckets a large one & smaller one a set of forks & a backhoe & a low un-sprung trailer made just for it. The only brakes it has are the steering sticks.

Does your Bob have some kind of brake system?

Bob isn't big or heavy duty but he beats the heck out of muscle power.

You may find this interesting Bob's history....

http://www.skidsteerhistory.com/How it began.htm

Brent, Thanks for posting the pic of the shovel attachment. It looks much easier to attach then the backhoe.

My Bob is a model 444 manufactured in 1963 rated to lift 1000 pounds However it does have a little extra weight in the form of rail road iron chained to the back.. The most it's ever lifted is 1300 pounds of bagged cement on a pallet just enough to clear the floor & move it out of the way.

Bob is powered by a 16 hp motor that has been overhauled about 50 hr. ago. Has rebuilt hydraulic cylinders, a new reeves drive system, the last out of North Dakota no more available accept maybe a rebuilt. To go with Bob I have 2 buckets a large one & smaller one a set of forks & a backhoe & a low un-sprung trailer made just for it. The only brakes it has are the steering sticks.

Does your Bob have some kind of brake system?

Bob isn't big or heavy duty but he beats the heck out of muscle power.

You may find this interesting Bob's history....

http://www.skidsteerhistory.com/How it began.htm

Cool Bart! Yeah, it does beat the heck out of muscle power. I've dug more holes this morning that I could have in a week. Planting some trees.

Actually kind of got carried away and made the holes TOO big... :D

There is a parking brake thing on it, but no brakes I other than the sticks. It doesn't seem to want to move anyway when the motor isn't running.

Bob has 46 horse and is rated for 1500# of lifting. Might give that a workout. I need to go to the borg and pickup a pallet of cinder blocks...

Cool history lesson! Thanks!

Brent you may want to see if the BORG will split that into 2 half pallets of block. One full pallet of block is just over 3000 lbs

Brent you may want to see if the BORG will split that into 2 half pallets of block. One full pallet of block is just over 3000 lbs

Good call, I wont need a whole pallet. I think realistically, i'll only need a half pallet for the jobs I have coming up.

Had a friend in California had a commercial work farm, I think he said that the amount of worms would double every 90 days, he had 30 or so beds going at once and he sold the casing to nurseries and the excess worm he sold to store for fish bait. He mad enough money on the worms operation to make the payments on the property he kept the farm on. kept it going for several years and then when the property values went up high enough he sold off the worms and casing scrapped the bins and sold the land for a nice profit.

Had a friend in California had a commercial work farm, I think he said that the amount of worms would double every 90 days, he had 30 or so beds going at once and he sold the casing to nurseries and the excess worm he sold to store for fish bait. He mad enough money on the worms operation to make the payments on the property he kept the farm on. kept it going for several years and then when the property values went up high enough he sold off the worms and casing scrapped the bins and sold the land for a nice profit.

I'm sure we'll be having worm stew every weekend :doh: :doh: :doh: