assistance checks!

larry merlau

this should go for all of the states assitance programs,,if this is outa line go ahead and do your thing but i feel free handouts outa have sum regs changed.

Attachments

• ATT3537611.jpg
    ATT3537611.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 90
  • imstp_chubbi_en_by_im.gif
    imstp_chubbi_en_by_im.gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 15
In America, we are supposed to help those who need help. No disgrace in that. But there are those who, with the help of bleeding heart do-gooders, abuse the system and live off of it. My sister receives four or five different hand-outs from two, maybe three, different states. That's how she lives. Incentive to work is gone. Injured, or laid off people are entitled to help so they can get back to being productive. I'm on the borderline :type: of a rant. Will stop here..

The article raises good points and overall the thought process has merit. I will not jump into the "pool of thought" on this one as it will cause me to have to censor myself.

Can't do it, that's a hot one for me. I'll grit my teeth (Uh... gums :rofl:) and pass

DT

I agree Frank

I’ll chime in on this one. I’ve taught school for 14 years, middle and secondary. I worked my way through undergrad and grad school. I’ve worked at a very fulfilling job educating children for 14 years. I love what I do and wouldn’t want to do anything else.
My father retired from the Army after 21 years service. He then worked another 20 for the state. I was taught what work was from a young age by example. I was taught if you want something you work for it.
I teach at a school that about 60% of the students are on free and reduced lunch. A lot of these kids are dirt poor. I was talking to the guy across the hall from my room that has taught for 32 years about the “welfare state”. He has taught long enough to see 2nd and 3rd generation welfare families come through school. He told me that he had a student argue with him saying that welfare (getting a check) was guaranteed by the constitution. When he had him explain, he quoted the United States Constitution saying: “to promote the general welfare” see it’s in the constitution.