humorous item prototype

well, i got farther along on the vedder stations today. got the boards planed down to thickness (one inch, due to the depth of the bulbs), ripped them to width, cut the angles, and cut them to length. then i drilled the holes for the light bulbs and the switch. all that's left now is to sand them down a good one, and send them south to be engraved. almost forgot, some more pics too.

Attachments

• holes drilled.jpg
    holes drilled.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 20
  • parts cut to size.jpg
    parts cut to size.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 19
  • switch and bulbs in place.jpg
    switch and bulbs in place.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 28
  • test setup.jpg
    test setup.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 19
Dan i think these will actually sell. They gonna make agreat conversation piece. If i were a retailer or someone with a flea market booth i would put one out to use as an ice breaker to get a conversation going.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

well, things are moving again with this project. i finally got around to sanding them, and sending them down to our friend pete simmons for the laser work. i'll have more pics once there are more pics.

yippee ky yayyy!!! the fronts made it back today! thank you pete for your excellent work! i set one up just to see how they will look, and they look just like i thought they would. now all that's left is to sand the edges, and the bases, oil them, and hit them with the clear shellac.

Attachments

• front back from laser engraving.jpg
    front back from laser engraving.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 23
  • test fit of bulbs and switch.jpg
    test fit of bulbs and switch.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 23
toni, that's my semi scandahoovian for run to the cellar. i basically looked up the swedish words, and sort of anglicized them.

brent, who said anything about wiring them? i was almost evil enough to rout a slot for a battery, but the angels of my better nature took over (i hate when that happens).

a bit of progress. glued up the stations last night, and oiled them today. tomorrow starts the shellac.

Attachments

• stations assembled.jpg
    stations assembled.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 8
  • stations oiled.jpg
    stations oiled.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 14
with the last coat of shellac on, it's now on to adding the hardware. this is the first of the 9. another project in the books.

Attachments

• final coat of shellac.jpg
    final coat of shellac.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 9
  • finished station.jpg
    finished station.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 14
I just don't know why anyone would need anything other than a weather dog.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
On this day weather dog says it was snowing.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
If I remember right they gave a winter weather advisory that snowing leads to snow balls stuck in your feet.

Attachments

• tn_cart3 dogs 005.JPG
    tn_cart3 dogs 005.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 10