The Shop at the NEW "Caughron De Rosa"

T8's or T12's jay? and that is gonna be BRIGHT i hope you have it so they dont all come on at one time.. with mine i broke it up so i could work in one area mostly and then when needed i could help out another area with more light..

T8s Larry and it is in 3 zones. I probably have more than I need but I did get a good buy on them. Have several ballast to replace but picked up a good deal on them today so I still came in at less than 1/2 price of new lights.

Bob I always said when I was able to build it the way I want it will NOT be like working in a dungeon like my old shop was thats why everything is white and a lot of lights. Oh and I HATE changing plugs so I have over 50 110s and 18 220s

I dont think I went over board :huh: Do you..:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can only agree with all the light Jay. Given our eyes get weaker as we get older lots of light helps to see all sorts clearer. I agree with Larry one thing i wish i had done was to put my lights on separate switches.

Will be doing this on my next shop. Already in the planning stages.

Definitely not wasting space again having a porch. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Lotsa light there, and that's good. One of the best 'upgrades' I've done to my 26 X 32 shop was to put in new lighting.

It originally had four (!) 4 foot, two-tube flourescents for the whole thing. Dark and dismal, for sure.

I installed eight 8 foot two tube fixtures in three banks - two runs of three, with a run of two between them. I have them wired on three separate circuits so I can conserve a bit of electricity, but truthfully, I usually have all of them on.

I did keep a couple of the old 4 footers, too. I have one hung low over my bench, and anothere over a countertop area, for 'task lighting.' Bright lighting sure does make a difference!