The Shop at the NEW "Caughron De Rosa"

Jay thats a perfect solution for NN's I really gotta get looking cause this kind of thing would give me peace of mind.

Yeah Rob its a great solution for sure i'm at the back of my 15a and the closest neighbor is almost 1/4 mile away.

Thats some neat looking pole barn it looks brand new so does the "smaller" building if you can call 16 x16 small. I am sure Stu would think that 16x16 is enormous.

All the building are just over 3 years old

You got room in their for mezzanine as well by the looks of the height.

Ok so when does production of organs begin. ;):thumb:

As soon as the shop is all closed up and heat is on hopefully in a month or less. If I can get all the lines run for the radiant heat they will pour the floor next week.

Oh the bonus fresh air . Congratulations and wish you all the best with the new home.

Thanks

A bit late to the party, but that's a great space, Jay. Congrats!

I think I'll slink away now and wallow in my jealousy. :rolleyes: :D

Man, I've been slacking off way to much...how did I miss this?

Jay...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Looks like you're going to be busy for bit. Got lots of questions...Are you going to be using a Hardy Heater for the heat in the shop for the floor heat? That's the planned layout? How are you finishing the ceiling and walls? What size of electrical panel do you have out there?

A bit late to the party, but that's a great space, Jay. Congrats!

I think I'll slink away now and wallow in my jealousy. :rolleyes: :D

Thanks Vaughn

Man, I've been slacking off way to much...how did I miss this?

Jay...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Looks like you're going to be busy for bit. Got lots of questions...Are you going to be using a Hardy Heater for the heat in the shop for the floor heat? That's the planned layout? How are you finishing the ceiling and walls? What size of electrical panel do you have out there?

I would love to use something like a hardy heater but dont know if I will be able to at this time I am still looking at my options. We are going to use roof eave material for the upper 4'of wall and across the ceiling to save weight and money and 7/16 chipboard on the lower 8'. Will spray insulation on the roof and use bating in the walls. I have a guy coming out in the morning to give me a cost on installing 200a service right now it is only 60a and that is no were near enough.

The drawings for the Radiant heat floor layout are to be here tomorrow so we can get started on that this week. :bonkers::drool:

how much you gonna spray on the roof jay? and you mention eav material do you mean liner steel its usually thinner and less expensive sometime you can get seconds as well..

Back to work

Well Its been awhile but we are making progress again. These are of the blue board going down and then the start of the tubing thu completion. The getting up and down all day for several days will make an old man out of ya fast. DAMHINT :crutches::crutches:

Attachments

• 100_1728.jpg
    100_1728.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1734.jpg
    100_1734.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_1729.jpg
    100_1729.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_1736.jpg
    100_1736.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_1732.jpg
    100_1732.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 76
Here we are getting started on pouring the floor and getting done. That was the best site I have seen in 3 weeks. So glad that part is done. Going to start putting up walls on Monday :woohoo::woohoo::woot::bliss::bliss:

100_1738.jpg100_1737.jpg100_1739.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1743.jpg
    100_1743.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_1742.jpg
    100_1742.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_1741.jpg
    100_1741.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_1740.jpg
    100_1740.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_1744.jpg
    100_1744.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 75
That radiant heat looks like it'll be fantastic Jay. What kind of heat source warms the plastic pipes? Any idea how expensive the heating costs will be?

Im using a 75 gal commercial hot water heater, it only needs to run at 90 deg's. I went to see a buddy of mine before installing it and he is heating 9000 sq ft and said he only used 500 gal of propane in 363 days in a commercial shop. Im just heating 1800 and may only use half to that for awhile so Im hoping it will be pretty low. I have mine set up in 2 zones. I also found out you can save a lot of money doing it yourself and shopping online for parts. I am running about a 3rd of what they said it would be and theirs didn't include labor

Wow, what a great gift to yourself, but don't wear yourself out setting it up!

BTW, 1800 sq ft is bigger than hour whole house, that four of us lived in.... :D

Wow, what a great gift to yourself, but don't wear yourself out setting it up!

BTW, 1800 sq ft is bigger than hour whole house, that four of us lived in.... :D

Thats why I got 2 younger guy to tie it down but they were worn out by the time it was done.

This is a big improvement from my 300 sq ft shop Stu but I have been waiting a long time for this one...........:) and it will be my last one I hope.