Great DVD showing how to make Wooden Spoons

Thanks for the link Gavin and welcome to the forum, but I am on double probation and not allowed to consider new projects until I finish the ones I have. ;)

jim, from what i've seen of the dvd case, his name is not on it. that, and you have to order it through amazon, not him. it would be as if i were a newbie, and found a really good richard raffan turning dvd, and wanted to share the info, posted it by accident in the wrong area. is it "my" dvd, it is not, i'm only sharing info, and where to get one. am i making money on this, nope.

how many of us, myself included, have made things for our web sites/upcoming shows and posted them in either the flat or spinny areas? more than a few i'd say, but for myself, if i post something about what i'm making for sale on the site, i'll post how i made it, and what the finished product looks like. i don't say that they're up for grabs, first one first served, but if someone asks, in a pm, or other wise, or simply goes to the site, that's an entirely different thing.

if he's posting the same thing on other woodworking venues, then he's hawking a product, if not, let's not be too hasty.

jim, from what i've seen of the dvd case, his name is not on it. that, and you have to order it through amazon, not him. it would be as if i were a newbie, and found a really good richard raffan turning dvd, and wanted to share the info, posted it by accident in the wrong area. is it "my" dvd, it is not, i'm only sharing info, and where to get one. am i making money on this, nope...

I took a look at how everything is connected. Looking at my first link you can see Gavin Morrison has at least two websites attached to his name, one of those being the making spoons DVD sales site. The other site is his physical therapy business with a nice photo of him (site). Regarding the link to Amazon, the owner of the forwarding website gets paid by Amazon for any clicks forwarded to Amazon. Then to make it more interesting look at whose storefront is on Amazon and gets a slice of the sale as well, why the same business that has his photo on it.

I don't have any doubts that he joined to peddle his product and disingenuously presented himself as just a helpful woodworker.

And yes, I am often wary and cynical about what gets presented on the anonymous web.

Cheers,

Last edited: