Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming project

Upcoming project

There comes the time when you gotta design, so here is what is up my sleeve. This is my first rendition on my entertainment wall, the wall is 16' long with an opening to the front entry way. these will be separate boxes places and installed as built ins. I believe I will be using QSWO for these (OH LARRY). I plan on starting these sometime in April and finish...ah...um...well faster than the kitchen the first pic is what I used as inspiration, and the jpeg is my version, minus the fireplace and adding a 55" 3D wide screen so what ya think? any suggestions, alterations?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wall inspiration.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	64451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Built-in draft.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	64452

Tom, that looks great! Had to do a double take on that pic for inspiration looks just like my SIL's house, except for the purple paint on the wall and purple rug.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

so if i got this right tom your gonna have this running on the north wall of your living room or the east???

also,, i thought you were gonna remodel the basement shop area first!!!!
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Nice, me likey!

So how are you incorporating speakers in the room (assuming you're going with surround sound), also where does the sub-woofer live? Ceiling speakers?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

darren i dont think he has thought this out very well so far he is already assuming that some guy named larry is gonna part with more wood

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    darren i dont think he has thought this out very well so far he is already assuming that some guy named larry is gonna part with more wood
    What kind of meal is it going to cost him Larry? What menu items did you have in mind?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

this one is gonna be costly,, he is gettin into my private stash now the ordinary is about used up.. and besides he has competition on this stuff, rennie and me both need a piece of this pie

I have one suggestion.

forget the 3d, and go for a 70 or 80 inch led.
    Human Test Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    this one is gonna be costly,, he is gettin into my private stash now the ordinary is about used up.. and besides he has competition on this stuff, rennie and me both need a piece of this pie
    Rennie's got enough for one more project or two. Maybe some tables for the living room. Then? Well, I might have to come back to MI for a visit.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    so what ya think? any suggestions, alterations?
    First, I love the inspiration of your design and hope you follow that look. The concerns that I have with your initial design is the possibility of it looking out of balance (one side vs. the other) and maybe too top heavy. The top heavy concern may be for nothing if both the TV and the other structure (Shelves?) are set back or if you remove whatever it is sitting on the other case. I think if you remove whatever that is (what is it anyway?) it will also mitigate the balance concern. Things don't necessarily need to be symmetrical, but something about that upper case on the left aggravates the situation in my mind.

I hope you don't mind me expressing my thoughts about this.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde