It took 62 years to build his dream........................

Dom DiCara

Just goes to show you, when you have a passion for something, it could last a lifetime

79-year-old Phil Warren from the UK spent 62 years to build this incredible fleet of 432 ships and 1200 aircraft, all built entirely of matchsticks and their wooden boxes. The collection includes 370 U.S. and 60 British ships and their associated aircraft.

Now 79 years of age, he began creating his first boat in 1948 when he was 17. He uses a razor blade, tweezers, sandpaper and glue. He has used more than 650,000 matchsticks to create this amazing collection of 1:300 scale models.

This gentleman is truly amazing

image020.jpgimage001.jpgimage002.jpgimage003.jpgimage004.jpgimage005.jpgimage006.jpgimage007.jpgimage008.jpgimage009.jpg

1st off Dom I like your signature: :thumb::thumb: Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsmen can hide his mistakes!

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.

Just amazing work. !

Truly amazing work. The number of hours to build those is a mind blower.

I can just hear what my wife would say, "I'm sure glad I don't have to dust all of those."

I wonder how he can keep those from gathering dust? Even in a room that most people would think of as dust free, there is dust. I think I am with Myrna.

Enjoy,

JimB