router lifts

I have a Jessem lift that came with my Jet table saw several years ago. It's not as fancy as some, but it works well and hold its position with no problem.

I've got a Router Raizer on my M12V. It's by no means as fancy as the others, but it has done everything I've needed it to do and it fits the "without breaking the bank" criteria very nicely.

i also have the router razier, and it still works,, but if had the free money i would get the woodpecker lift in heart beat.. have kicked myself many times for doing so..

I've got a Router Raizer on my M12V. It's by no means as fancy as the others, but it has done everything I've needed it to do and it fits the "without breaking the bank" criteria very nicely.

That's what I've got, too. It works quite well, and is certainly one of the cheapest (commercial) ways to go. I've kinda been lusting after that Woodpeckers lift, though. :D

Carol, your 7518 isn't a plunge router, though, is it? If it's not, then of course you need one of those expensive lifts! :eek:

I've definitely got router lift envy too. I just can't justify it in my mind since I've devoted my dewalt router with it to exclusive router table work.

It aint broke, so I guess I don't need to go fixing things...

...Carol, your 7518 isn't a plunge router, though, is it? If it's not, then of course you need one of those expensive lifts! :eek:

Good point. On the other hand, here's an interesting price comparison:

Hitachi M12V2: $203 (Amazon price...there might be lower-priced 15 amp routers out there)
Router Raizer: $89 (Amazon price)
--------------------------
Total: $292

vs.

Woodpeckers PRL V2: $329 (Woodpeckers price)

That said, the PC 7518 with a Woodpeckers lift would be a sweet setup. ;)

Didn't want to bust the bank, but leaning toward the Woodpecker SW420 @ ~$330. My issue is bending over and bending over and lifting. Could build something and enjoy the process but I have other fish to fry that takes up my time. After weeding out the ones for plunge routers and isolating the ones that will carry the hefty 7518, there is not that much choice and we're over $300. So for ease of my shoulders and arms, the side winder was very attractive. I find that I am making tool choices to match my diminishing physical abilities. I guess I will trade a few bucks for less pain. Now to scrape up the money.

I got the incra version of the jessem master lift 2 recently. I've Only used it for a couple things so far, but I love the jessem lift and the incra steel inserts. Very smooth action, easy to raise and change bits above the table. I was a little uncertain about the steel inserts at first, but they work well, easy to level, and don't have issues with sawdust holding them off level. The big perk for me was to be able to use my current 2hp router, and still ale to use it if I upgrade to a 3hp later.

Carol, I have the Woodpecker PRL (original version) before the sidewinder, and you don't have to bend over to adjust. It comes with a hex key on a hand crank and you adjust from the top. You can also get a straight hex key and chuck it up in a cordless drill to speed up large movements. Check with Woodpecker and see if they still offer "B" products. When I got mine, it retailed for 279. I got a B stock that had some scratches but full lifetime warranty for 199.95 IIRC. Best way to get one in my mind. I have used the lifetime warranty once, and came back working like new (it had gotten gummed up and hard to adjust). Hope his helps. I really like the new PRL V2 features. But like my gold anodized V1's looks better...matches the Incra fence:thumb:) DSCN1721.jpg DSCN1821.jpg There are two tools hanging on the top rack on the door...these are the two manual crank hex keys I got. One short, one tall. Hope this helps. Jim.

edit. I do like the Incra version of the Woodpecker lifts, if for no other reason than the magnetic inserts instead of the twist inserts. Much easier to change out.

A very generous fellow from another forum had upgraded his older Unilift and made me a deal I could not refuse. It arrived and my 7518 fits perfectly. It came with two of the three table inserts.. He has found the third one (the stepped one) and promised to send it along. Meanwhile I looked at the set of 8 additional inserts on the Woodpecker site for $40. $5 per is not bad. $15 for shipping is another matter. Not Woodpeckers fault. They are only getting a couple of bucks over USPS rates for shipping and handling. Lest you think this is outrageous, packing materials are not cheap, nor is the labor to get a package into a shipping system. USPS is less expensive than other shippers, so shipping is what it is.

However, everyone likes to save a buck. So two questions. Anyone try to make their own inserts to fit these lifts? Or anyone have a set collecting dust?

Yes, but if time isn't a problem, I bet the inserts would fit in a Flat Rate box from the Post Office. That would cost less. Do some checking online too. There are other places to get the Woodpecker inserts, and someone might have them on sale. Jim.

Edit: Amazon has them for 39.00 and free shipping. Carbide Processors at 34.28 plus almost 15.00 shipping UPS.

Last edited: