It's Friday...What's Up???

Well, I'm actually not doing nothing related to woodworking today. Woodworking is usually a Monday-Friday deal with me, but I'm finally getting comfortable with SketchUp - from a basic standpoint, anyway! LOML is shopping with a neighbor, so I've been on the computer this morning with SU along with checking messages. Sunday will definitely be a chill-out day for us!

dresser work with dad,, now to glenns video, wouldnt the parents just be elated about there children spending there hard earned dollars doing this sorta of thing.. what were they complaining about?

They think the folks who run the state university system cut their own budget and get a kick out of the millions of dollars that have been cut from their state budget :rolleyes:. They basically don't want to make up the difference in what the state took away from their tuition subsidies and I don't blame them. They really ought to express their views to the folks who hold the purse strings though, not the folks who go begging to Sacramento ;-) Unfortunately the idea of 'protesting' has become 'cool' even though very few of the folks you talk to have any idea of why they are doing it.

Like Bill i am trying to get back into sketchup. One thing i am realizing is once you get going with it you gotta keep it up. I got to a satisfactory level for myself with Daves help and others and then not having touched it for some time i was starting all over again.:( I have this as one thing i plan on mastering to my satisfaction this year so i am going to invest the time to get comfy with it. To force this issue i am investing in the paid version. That way i am committed maybe in more ways than one. :D:eek:

As to the students and their cause i sympathize with them to a certain extent. Given what i have seen being spent on non academic programs in the Universities my son is looking at, its no wonder the fees are so high to be able to get that all important piece of paper society keeps telling them to out and get. All so the computer databases at the HR company can filter easily between those that have the paper and those that dont.
But all my heros never made it through any of these institutions and here i think of Thomas Edison et al all the way through to the mighty Gates and deceased Jobs.

Have a great weekend all.

Well the counter top is done now to take it to Mass and load it for it's trip to Fla.

As any of you can see my shop is no where near as clean as Rennie's:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
But it is almost as clean as when the ambassador was here.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• tn_top 001.JPG
    tn_top 001.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 17
  • tn_top 002.JPG
    tn_top 002.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 21
  • tn_top 003.JPG
    tn_top 003.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
if the giants make the superbowl, thats a miracle in itself, they had the worst record to get into the playoffs, and didnt impress me at this year.
Id like to see them make it , and make it all the way, but getting into the big game is far more than I expected, and Id have to restock and get ready for a bigger party superbowl weekend.
If they dont make it in, someone we know makes a superbowl party every year, so Id head over to him if its NE and Sanfran.